P&O Update 2 October 2020

Snow Hill

I guess my point was they tried for a long time to find a vaccine against the common cold, but weren't able to.  Obviously a cold is not a killer.  I have also read today, that there maybe some people who are immune to Covid, but they don't know how because it's new.  Just that certain people may have a gene that rejects it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I guess my point was they tried for a long time to find a vaccine against the common cold, but weren't able to.  Obviously a cold is not a killer.  I have also read today, that there maybe some people who are immune to Covid, but they don't know how because it's new.  Just that certain people may have a gene that rejects it.

Seems to be T cell immunity, caused by previous exposure to coronaviruses (common cold etc.) - remember my mother talking about t cell immunity some years ago, but afraid it went over my head. Seems to be a bit of a lottery as to who has this immunity, though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I must get my Levi's out to see if mine are the right ones.😎

On 10/4/2020 at 8:47 AM, Josy1953 said:

She is not too bad at the moment  thank you. She has to have 6 rounds of chemo, the last one should be 1st January but guess that will probably be moved by a couple of days.  She then has to have some radiotherapy, I'm not sure how long that will take.  She has bought some wigs so we never know what colour or style her hair will be, the NHS one is by far the nicest and her contribution was only £90.

She keeps saying that she can't wait to see the end of 2020.  I feel sorry for the children because they can't have their friends around or go to their friends houses because she had to reduce contact with people.

Fingers crossed for you all.

• Like 3