Partial Flight Details 6 Months Out

vpearlkc

I just checked the NCL website to see if there was anything new with our April 23 cruise on the Breakaway and saw that we are scheduled to be routed through Houston to Fort Lauderdale with no other details. No airline, No flight schedule, nothing. Is this normal? 

It's very likely that it's just a place holder. With the last air promotion everyone got place holder routing on their registration and it was almost never the actual fights based on people that posted here. 

You'll get your flight info around 45 days when they actually ticket it. Could be a little more than 45 days out or a little less than 45 days out. 

Basically your reservation has been made, but the actual ticket has not been purchased.

With no ticket purchased, you're in limbo. (The advantages of buying consolidator tickets and saving $100) Your 4 hour non stop flight could turn into a 12 hour travel day

I see non stop flights on Southwest from Kansas City for $128 one way. 

21 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Basically your reservation has been made, but the actual ticket has not been purchased.

Basically, probably not.

This far out, NCL has an IDEA what the flight routing will be, but when it comes time to purchase the actual tickets the flights may change if a cheaper routing is available.  This happened to me last year when I booked my October cruise, partially because I was traveling with another reservation that was linked - my placeholder flights had me through a different airport than the other reservation but when it came time for the flights to actually be booked my flights changed to match the other reservation the day before I had the confirmation numbers.

Kind of odd that NCL would bother with putting a flight placeholder notice on a reservation page. I was just curious. I won't be going on the cruise anyway unless something miraculous happens before December 24th when I have to put up $4000.