No Cruises till next year?

Summerstravel

Perhaps no cruises with paying passengers until next year (2021) but there may be mock voyages with volunteers (playing the role of passengers) to satisfy one of the CDC's 4 required steps for "normal" cruising to resume from U.S. ports.

My question is; I know the cruise line will not pay you to be a volunteer on one of these mock voyages but if you are accepted to be a volunteer, do you have to pay?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

Perhaps no cruises with paying passengers until next year (2021) but there may be mock voyages with volunteers (playing the role of passengers) to satisfy one of the CDC's 4 required steps for "normal" cruising to resume from U.S. ports.

My question is; I know the cruise line will not pay you to be a volunteer on one of these mock voyages but if you are accepted to be a volunteer, do you have to pay?

I was thinking the same thing.  Any idea who to contact at NCL to volunteer?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

I really don't know. Maybe our good friend Google could help? Or, you could call the main customer service line at NCL. Or, someone on this thread may know? Or, we could ask @seaman11; he's probably already signed up, lol.

Edited by farmersfight
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Summerstravel said:

It would be nice if they would use the passengers already booked for a trial cruise then let them reschedule another future cruise. 

That's a good idea @Summerstravel. At least give the passengers already booked the option of being a volunteer (they would have to meet the prerequisites) and then yes, let them book another future cruise if they desire.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

7 hours ago, Summerstravel said:

It would be nice if they would use the passengers already booked for a trial cruise then let them reschedule another future cruise. 

5 hours ago, farmersfight said:

That's a good idea @Summerstravel. At least give the passengers already booked the option of being a volunteer (they would have to meet the prerequisites) and then yes, let them book another future cruise if they desire.

So, if your business depended on the mock cruise executing to perfection and "passengers" participating in mock COVID lockdowns, would you trust random people off the street or employees/carefully selected people who *will* follow the rules? 

9 hours ago, Summerstravel said:

More relevant, NCL posted the following on Monday:

On October 30, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) issued the Framework for Conditional Sailing Order (the “Order”), a roadmap for the steps the CDC will require for resumption of cruise voyages in the U.S. The Company will closely review the Order and continue to partner with global and domestic authorities, including the CDC, to chart a path forward. With COVID-19 continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we have extended our voluntary temporary suspension of all voyages through December 2020 and previously on cruises on Norwegian Star, Norwegian Spirit, and Norwegian Dawn through March 2021.

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

So, if your business depended on the mock cruise executing to perfection and "passengers" participating in mock COVID lockdowns, would you trust random people off the street or employees/carefully selected people who *will* follow the rules? 

Maybe that will be part of the "test" during the mock cruises (that the CDC will evaluate) - what protocols are in place and what actions will be taken when the cruise line encounters a passenger(s) who does not follow the rules. It would be realistic...

4 hours ago, farmersfight said:

Maybe that will be part of the "test" during the mock cruises (that the CDC will evaluate) - what protocols are in place and what actions will be taken when the cruise line encounters a passenger(s) who does not follow the rules. It would be realistic...

Maybe the CDC evaluators (who should NOT be known to the crew in advance) would act as "plants" to simulate that.  Once they've done that, they could then present credentials and move on to another test of the processes...

• Like 2

On 11/3/2020 at 6:48 PM, farmersfight said:

Thank you seems fair to me but I am thinking maybe staff and family of the staff will be the first choice. 

• Like 1