Zaandam Itinerary Change

Crazy For Cats

I received an email from HAL this afternoon letting me know that my August 21, 2021 itinerary has been changed  It is no longer a Boston round trip cruise.  This is very disappointing.

From HAL:

We are writing to advise you of some changes to our deployment schedule that affect your 7-Day Historic Coasts voyage on board Zaandam. Your voyage will now be a 7-Day Canada & New England Discovery voyage that begins in Boston, Massachusetts, USA and ends in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

As a gesture of our appreciation, an Onboard Credit (OBC) of USD $100 per person will be applied to your booking.

You or your travel advisor will receive an updated Booking Confirmation by November 16, 2020.

I think this is because they have to get Zaandam to Ft. Lauderdale for the Grand Africa cruise that leaves October 9 or 10.  The original schedule had it in Boston on the 9th with only one day to get to Ft. Lauderdale.  So, a bunch of cruises are being changed around, ours included.    We went from Boston - Montreal - Boston to Montreal/Boston/Montreal.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dfish said:

I think this is because they have to get Zaandam to Ft. Lauderdale for the Grand Africa cruise that leaves October 9 or 10.  The original schedule had it in Boston on the 9th with only one day to get to Ft. Lauderdale.  So, a bunch of cruises are being changed around, ours included.    We went from Boston - Montreal - Boston to Montreal/Boston/Montreal.  

I agree with you

• Like 1