Key West Votes to Limit Number of Cruise Passengers and Ship Size

xDisconnections

31 minutes ago, CJHAN said:

KW gets more then enough revenue without cruise ships and without the environmental devastation to that very sensitive area that comes with it. 
Don’t get me wrong I’m a cruiser through and through but I completely understand their issues and their goals with  this. Good for them.

Why pick a part of my statement?

I believe I said it’s what KW wants NOT the cruise lines.

And I said we would see in a couple of years nothing guaranteed. SMH

2 hours ago, CJHAN said:

KW gets more then enough revenue without cruise ships and without the environmental devastation to that very sensitive area that comes with it. 

Until the next major hurricane. 

I've been on cruises that have made stops in disaster areas to drop of whatever supplies they could, and been among the first tourists to return spending money before the infrastructure could support many land based visitors.

15 hours ago, surf kahuna said:

Save your money don't vacation in Key West . Key West has become extremely expensive . Save your money take a cruise more fun and less expensive . You can take a second cruise with the money you save .

We would take a cruise...but last I looked, no cruises sailing.  Even had one booked for December.  So we will drive to Key West this December instead, to have our first vacation break in a year.

Curious as to how long Carnival will leave the cruises to Key West on their website??

I've got one booked and would love to know what they are going to do, replace it, sea day??

I hope I have the change to cancel or change to another cruise depending on what they do.

4 hours ago, jcgld62 said:

Curious as to how long Carnival will leave the cruises to Key West on their website??

I've got one booked and would love to know what they are going to do, replace it, sea day??

I hope I have the change to cancel or change to another cruise depending on what they do.

Never count on visiting a particular port. Cruise itineraries are altered with some frequency. Generally a single port change is not considered significant. If it happens after final payment you will not have an opportunity to switch.