FCC Re-Issue Question

HicksRA

After having my Quantum TP “redeployed” and a refund issued, I’ve received no notice relative to the FCCs applied to that sailing. Will I receive a new fcc or will I have to just refer to the original reservation fcc?  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

After having my Quantum TP “redeployed” and a refund issued, I’ve received no notice relative to the FCCs applied to that sailing. Will I receive a new fcc or will I have to just refer to the original reservation fcc?  

As per a change in procedures last week all FCC’s that have been redeemed where there is money still remaining will have that extra money reissued as a new FCC.  You no longer have to wait for the first cruise to sail to redeem the leftover FCC.  It may take a week to two.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I don’t think I phrased this question correctly. What I meant was that I assumed my original fcc was voided once I applied it to a sailing (that was cancelled, lift & shifted and cancelled again).  No overages involved.  
After this cancellation, Will they issue a new fcc based on the latest reservation with a new certification number, or will they not notify me of a reissuance and I’ll just have to refer to the old certification number. 

2 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I don’t think I phrased this question correctly. What I meant was that I assumed my original fcc was voided once I applied it to a sailing (that was cancelled, lift & shifted and cancelled again).  No overages involved.  
After this cancellation, Will they issue a new fcc based on the latest reservation with a new certification number, or will they not notify me of a reissuance and I’ll just have to refer to the old certification number. 

It will revert to its original FCC number, unless new money is being added to it then it could be reissued with a new number. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

I had a cancelled cruse that I had part paid for with FCC.

When I tried to use the FCC after the cash cost of the cruise had been refunded, it didn't work and said it had already been redeemed.

When I called up RCI, they said that you have to request a FCC to be reinstated if the cruise is cancelled, it is not automatic. They had to send an email requesting this to be done and it took a week.

Edited by alistairg

On 11/5/2020 at 11:37 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

As per a change in procedures last week all FCC’s that have been redeemed where there is money still remaining will have that extra money reissued as a new FCC.  You no longer have to wait for the first cruise to sail to redeem the leftover FCC.  It may take a week to two.

Sorry to jump in on the OPs post but I was about to start a new thread re this exact thing as I am having difficulty getting RCI UK to issue me with a new FCC for my remaining credit for an FCC I used on 23rd Oct. Do you have something official to refer to for this change in policy that I can screenshot and send with a third e.mail to RCI? 

21 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

Sorry to jump in on the OPs post but I was about to start a new thread re this exact thing as I am having difficulty getting RCI UK to issue me with a new FCC for my remaining credit for an FCC I used on 23rd Oct. Do you have something official to refer to for this change in policy that I can screenshot and send with a third e.mail to RCI? 

I think ourusualbeach said it could take a week or two and they were supposedly working on all the partial amounts of fcc. Probably thousands of us who have a partial fcc. 

And what if the cruise the other part of my fcc gets cancelled, is the fcc now broken in two if they issue the remainder. Hopefully it's not cancelled, next April.

Good luck, put @ourusualbeach and he says he will get notified, but his name doesnt light up like before they changed the boards. Hes probably still asleep.

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think ourusualbeach said it could take a week or two and they were supposedly working on all the partial amounts of fcc. Probably thousands of us who have a partial fcc. 

And what if the cruise the other part of my fcc gets cancelled, is the fcc now broken in two if they issue the remainder. Hopefully it's not cancelled, next April.

Good luck, put @ourusualbeach and he says he will get notified, but his name doesnt light up like before they changed the boards. Hes probably still asleep.

Sorry, maybe I should have been clearer. I have had two e.mails from RCI saying I have to wait ‘til new reservation has sailed before they will issue a new FCC for the remaining credit . I wrote to them saying I was aware the policy recently changed and asked for a new FCC but still got the canned reply policy states new reservation has to be completed before new FCC issued. This is why I need something to refer to which is official.

It really annoys me that the FCC is for my money actually paid out in Feb of this year , not ‘free’ money for an incident that happened onboard and would possibly be used towards booking another cruise sooner rather than later . 

50 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

Here is the body of the e mail that I received on Oct 27th.

Enhancements have been made to the existing FCC process where any balance remaining on an FCC no longer has to await the return of the existing cruise vacation before applying the balance to a future/new reservation. That means the same FCC can now be redeemed on 2 active bookings! Once a portion of the FCC is applied to a reservation, the remaining balance FCC will be generated and, in turn, sent to your client for use as they wish. Please note that any FCC with a pending balance from the past few months will now be run through this process, with an anticipated completion date for all by end-of-October.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, heatherb1958 said:

It came from the Oct 27, 2020 weekly newsletter that Royal sent to Travel agents letting them know of new promotions and updates.

FYI, I haven’t seen any reissued yet, they must be behind in the implementation. Maybe they meant end of November as opposed to end of October which I thought was very soon.

E2BD2F43-22C8-4637-894D-9AAAEA023379.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

@Ourusualbeach, thank you so much for that , it will be a great help.

I am just hoping that being in the UK we are not being treated differently under these exceptional circumstances . There are plenty of folks here who had cruises cancelled and are now holding multiple FCCs . Thankfully we only have the one to deal with . 
Once again thank you. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2020 at 11:37 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Hi, do you know if this new procedure applies to Celebrity FCCs too ? Thanks x