Quick refund

I had the same thing happen on cancelled drink package purchases on the cruise planner.  I cancelled on two different cruises that will eventually be cancelled Nov 5 and had the refunds back on my card Nov 12.  They are definitely doing better than before.

Meanwhile, I canceled a cruise with a refundable deposit on September 28th and was told at the time that it should be about 30 days because they were going faster than earlier in the year.  I called at 32 days and was told that it had been 'sent to processing' on Oct 2nd.  I called again at 45 days and they said 'it will be a little while longer'. This was a totally refundable deposit AND a cruise that was changed with regard to ship and itinerary and I was offered a choice change to the new ship or get a refund.  I chose refund and reminded them that it was a refundable deposit in the first place.  I'll be calling them again later this week.  

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

My two  December cruises were cancelled and I contacted RCCL for a full refund on November 3.  I just checked my CC statement ( 11/17)  and the full credits were already  there.  Yay!

M  

They have been quick. I had mine on the 13th for that same round of cancellations. 

39 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Meanwhile, I canceled a cruise with a refundable deposit on September 28th and was told at the time that it should be about 30 days because they were going faster than earlier in the year.  I called at 32 days and was told that it had been 'sent to processing' on Oct 2nd.  I called again at 45 days and they said 'it will be a little while longer'. This was a totally refundable deposit AND a cruise that was changed with regard to ship and itinerary and I was offered a choice change to the new ship or get a refund.  I chose refund and reminded them that it was a refundable deposit in the first place.  I'll be calling them again later this week.  

Was it a reservation that had been previously moved.  I have found in a couple cases that moved reservations can  create an issue with refunds if the agents that did the move did not transfer the money over correctly.  Without following the proper steps it can create a broken link in the money trail creating an endless loop in the refund process. 

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Was it a reservation that had been previously moved.  I have found in a couple cases that moved reservations can  create an issue with refunds if the agents that did the move did not transfer the money over correctly.  Without following the proper steps it can create a broken link in the money trail creating an endless loop in the refund process. 

It was an original booking--but Royal moved it when they swapped ships from Brilliance to Indy. The Brilliance booking hadn't been shifted, moved, changed at all until Royal made that swap.  But I know what you're saying and it's why I have kept on top of it since I know things can go wrong so many different ways.  

• Like 1