Changing cabin on Britannia

mrsroller180

Hoping someone may know on here before I ring P & O. I have booked Baltic cruise in May 2022 on Britannia and pre-registered my booking (select). Normally when you book you can choose your cabin but this did not come up with pre register. I received an email when the holidays were launched and have been allocated a cabin. This is a forward cabin and I do prefer midships but there doesnt appear to be anywhere that I can change my cabin when I log in to already booked. When you book Select it does say you can choose cabin but I havent been given that option. Any ideas please.  I have been allocated D209 which may well be fine. Just asking

Thanks for your time

It is unfortunate that when you pre register with P&O they will not let you pick cabin even though you are paying the higher price Select Fare. If you had pre registered with a TA you would have been able to give actual cabin numbers and would have more than likely paid less for your cruise. That is why I would never pre register direct with P&O.

54 minutes ago, mrsroller180 said:

Thanks I will probably stay with what we have. If id left it for 3 days until launched I could have picked my cabin no problem.  Cheers for the help

If you check the grade of cabin you're in, you can then look at other decks where that grade might be in a more mid ship location, and P&O will change you to an available cabin quite easily.

I pre registered and was allocated cabins which were fine thankfully....but I was told to call with some cabin preferences and if they were available i could change.

On the price note....i had quotes from TA whose attitude and customer service was just awful and fired off an email to P&O about the price difference (think you need to do this within 24hrs of booking) and got the difference back.  All round excellent service.

6 hours ago, AntsUK said:

I pre registered and was allocated cabins which were fine thankfully....but I was told to call with some cabin preferences and if they were available i could change.

I didn't realise you could do that.  Rather, I never thought of asking the question.  Thanks for that bit of info, might give it a go next time.

On 11/19/2020 at 2:53 PM, Son of Anarchy said:

I didn't realise you could do that.  Rather, I never thought of asking the question.  Thanks for that bit of info, might give it a go next time.

I was more than willing to go with the TA but their attitude really was terrible for some reason - hence why I asked the question in the first place 🙂 .  P&O were excellent to deal with (as should be expected when spending so much!)  and the process swift.

On 11/19/2020 at 2:53 PM, Son of Anarchy said:

Your booking is never fixed in stone, even before covid, you can request a change of almost everything and if available it can be done.  Some like name changes, if you need to switch passengers, could be charged, and if you want to move to a higher grade cabin, but cabin changes in the same grade, switching dining preferences if you are a select guest, or swapping between the OBC, coach fare or free parking, again for select fare, is done at no charge.

• Like 1