Prices on RCCL, Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday (Cruise Fares)

Jimbo

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Does anyone know if those prices are for new bookings only or can you call RCCL and ask for a current booking to be adjusted to those prices?

We've always been able to adjust prices when they go down. I don't know how easy it is when dealing direct since we use a travel agent. Shouldn't be hard.

T

Edited by 2chiefs

4 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

We've always been able to adjust prices when they go down. I don't know how easy it is when dealing direct since we use a travel agent. Should be hard.

T

We are using a travel agency and this is what Royal told them: Doesn't sound right to me? I'm thinking maybe my travel agent just got someone at Royal that didn't know what they are doing?

The taxes of $342 will never be adjusted. The only rate adjustment we can request will be for your $2508 cruise fare. The new rate you stated was for a cruisefare of $2308 but that was denied by Royal Caribbean. The promotion is for new bookings made from Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday. Your reservation is not eligible. Thank you

Edited by Jimbo

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We are using a travel agency and this is what Royal told them: Doesn't sound right to me? I'm thinking maybe my travel agent just got someone at Royal that didn't know what they are doing?

The taxes of $342 will never be adjusted. The only rate adjustment we can request will be for your $2508 cruise fare. The new rate you stated was for a cruisefare of $2308 but that was denied by Royal Caribbean. The promotion is for new bookings made from Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday. Your reservation is not eligible. Thank you

I have always been able to apply a new fare to a booking whether or not it’s refundable or non.  I just had 2 non refundable bookings repriced yesterday when the new promotions started saving one customer $200 and the other $50 with the new promotion.

It sounds like your TA just quoted Royals terms and conditions and didn’t even bother to call. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have always been able to apply a new fare to a booking whether or not it’s refundable or non.  I just had 2 non refundable bookings repriced yesterday when the new s started saving one customer $200 and the other $50 with the new promotion.

It sounds like your TA just quoted Royals terms and conditions and didn’t even bother to call. 

Interesting, thanks!  this promotion also offers free gratuities  ? should that be added to to the booking also?

Edited by Jimbo

I think this is the promotion, down below I highlighted in Bold print.........says something about New Bookings.......so what is right?

60% off 2nd Guest (BOGO60)
Campaign

Get 60% off cruise fare for 2nd guest in a stateroom. 3rd, 4th and 5th guest in the same stateroom will get 30% off.
The discount will be applied to the cruise fare. Not applicable for taxes, fees or prepaid gratuities or any other add-on.

Booking Period

Until December 1, 2020.

Departure / Ship

All sailings with Royal Caribbean departing on or after January 1, 2021 (with some exceptions).
The offer excludes Culturally Enrichment Cruises.

Price code / Fare name

BOGO60

Category

All. Savings amount differ between our stateroom categories.

Individuals / Groups

Offer applies to new, individual and group bookings with named reported staterooms at today´s price (not existing group price), during the campaign period.

Booking information

Automatically shown in Espresso

Terms & Conditions

60% off cruise fare for second guest booked in the same stateroom as first full-fare paying guest, and 30% off cruise fare for third guests and higher booked in the same stateroom as the first two qualified guests. No discount on taxes, fees or service charge. Extra savings differ depending on stateroom category and sailing length. The offer can be combined with Flash Sales, Summer 2021 Kicker and Kids Campaign when applicable. Offer is not combinable with any other discount or restricted rates such as, but not limited to: Crown & Anchor, Standard Group, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family and Net Rates. Changes to the booking may result in removal of the offer, always double check with our support team when changing a booking.

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Interesting, thanks!  this promotion also offers free gratuities  ? should that be added to to the booking also?

That is up to the travel agent as the free gratuities are not part of any promo Royal is offering.  That is most likely why your request was denied by  your travel agent.  Nothing to do with Royal

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:
I think this is the promotion, down below I highlighted in Bold print.........says something about New Bookings.......so what is right?

60% off 2nd Guest (BOGO60)
Campaign

Get 60% off cruise fare for 2nd guest in a stateroom. 3rd, 4th and 5th guest in the same stateroom will get 30% off.
The discount will be applied to the cruise fare. Not applicable for taxes, fees or prepaid gratuities or any other add-on.

Booking Period

Until December 1, 2020.

Departure / Ship

All sailings with Royal Caribbean departing on or after January 1, 2021 (with some exceptions).
The offer excludes Culturally Enrichment Cruises.

Price code / Fare name

BOGO60

Category

All. Savings amount differ between our stateroom categories.

Individuals / Groups

Offer applies to new, individual and group bookings with named reported staterooms at today´s price (not existing group price), during the campaign period.

Booking information

Automatically shown in Espresso

Terms & Conditions

60% off cruise fare for second guest booked in the same stateroom as first full-fare paying guest, and 30% off cruise fare for third guests and higher booked in the same stateroom as the first two qualified guests. No discount on taxes, fees or service charge. Extra savings differ depending on stateroom category and sailing length. The offer can be combined with Flash Sales, Summer 2021 Kicker and Kids Campaign when applicable. Offer is not combinable with any other discount or restricted rates such as, but not limited to: Crown & Anchor, Standard Group, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family and Net Rates. Changes to the booking may result in removal of the offer, always double check with our support team when changing a booking.

Nearly every single offer states applies to new bookings only yet it is never enforced.

• Like 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

That is up to the travel agent as the free gratuities are not part of any promo Royal is offering.  That is most likely why your request was denied by  your travel agent.  Nothing to do with Royal

When I made the request I just asked for the change in cruise fare............didn't see the free gratuities offered to later.........so when I send them back an emal this morning, I will suggest just getting the $200

Just now, Jimbo said:

When I made the request I just asked for the change in cruise fare............didn't see the free gratuities offered to later.........so when I send them back an emal this morning, I will suggest just getting the $200

Since the TA is offering the gratuities out of their commission if you take the $200 you will lose the gratuities....or they may not offer to reprice it at all...totally up to the TA.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Since the TA is offering the gratuities out of their commission if you take the $200 you will lose the gratuities....or they may not offer to reprice it at all...totally up to the TA.

Not looking for the free gratuities, just reduction in cruise fare....... I have plenty of OBC already included in this booking to cover that.

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Not looking for the free gratuities, just reduction in cruise fare....... I have plenty of OBC already included in this booking to cover that.

Is that OBC coming from the TA....another reason that the TA won’t reduce the price. You can’t expect to get all the price drops and keep the OBC

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Congrats on getting them to give you OBC across brands....that usually doesn’t happen. 

Wasn't easy, travel agent couldn't even get it done. Had to call myself to make it happen 🙂

Update:

My agent called Royal Caribbean again  in regards to the rate adjustment. The issue is that since there have been numerous changes made to our reservation, they cannot just simply reprice the reservation to today's fare so they had to connect with a supervisor for assistance. The supervisor was able to lower our rate to a  (  total of $160 savings) but this resulted in $25 on board credit being removed from an old promotion that has expired. 
So we are still saved $135 on the reservation so I'm good with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1