Wine Packages & Internet Packages - Prices?

BlackJack2

16 hours ago, BlackJack2 said:

I know the answer is somewhere on this forum, but I cannot fine it!  

How much are the wine packages and how much are the internet packages on HAL ships?

Thanks!!

Betsy, these are the internet prices when the ships were last sailing.

44ADF417-E1F9-4B05-B68C-350FEB89F572.png.32c166d7adf1e98c6ef5540dc97ed05b.png

There was a savings to pre-purchasing the internet premier package.

If you log into the HAL site and got to “My bookings”, you can look at the cost for the cruise of internet, wine packages, etc.

Since there is no savings pre-purchasing the wine package, we wait until we are on board so we can see which wines are available (not all choices are always on every cruise) and then purchase.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BlackJack2 said:

Thanks for the info.  We go through a lot of wine while onboard.  Trying to figure out if it's worth paying the extra money for the Black Friday sale with the drink package & internet included.

ditto on the wine.  If you like wine and are fussy, I’m not totally thrilled with the wine by the glass that is $11 and under.  I can drink a glass or two but for dinner we still get the wine packages and since we are in Europe with incredible wines, I’ll bring some on board and pay the corkage to enjoy.

The thing about the SBP to remember is i’s not just alcoholic drinks, it can be coffees, water, pop, and the specialty coffees or liquors after dinner are always nice and included 😉 

We do like the SBP if there are going to be a lot of sea days, we can fit in a lot more drinking, eg. mimosas with lunch, etc.!😁   We have found, though, at lunch time on sea days there is often a "BOGO half price" - they never seem to advertise it, but if you ask a helpful bar steward, they will find out for you.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 7:19 AM, kazu said:

If you log into the HAL site and got to “My bookings”, you can look at the cost for the cruise of internet, wine packages, etc

Are prices on "My Bookings" page for wine packages based on Mariner Status or are those the regular prices and then I take off my 50% discount?

Edited by BlackJack2

Just now, BlackJack2 said:

Are prices on "My Bookings" page for wine packages based on Mariner Status or are those the regular prices and then I take off my 50% discount?

They are the regular prices and you receive OBC from the ship for the 50% (less the beverage service charge).

Personally, I wait until I am on board to order wine packages to see what wines are available on that ship for the different packages.  Not all the wines listed on the HAL site are on the ships all the time.

We wait to order the wine packages on board also, and  are never sure of how many and from what package to order from, we work with our dinning room beverage steward. They have always have been helpful and knowledgeable, be sure you you get billed on a sea day you will save the sales tax you would pay in territorial waters.   

1 hour ago, tuolumne couple said:

be sure you you get billed on a sea day you will save the sales tax you would pay in territorial waters.   

In my experience they always bill on sea days.  Some times you don’t see the charge for a few days and that is the reason why (I asked 😉 ).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kazu said:

In my experience they always bill on sea days.  Some times you don’t see the charge for a few days and that is the reason why (I asked 😉 ).

If you decide to purchase some kind of package on embarkation day (when still in port) you should bring up the issue of taxes.  They will tell you whether there is tax...or you might be told that the billing will not be processed until the ship is well out to sea.  I tend to avoid HAL drink packages because we have been unimpressed with the value.  For us, as 5 Star Mariners, it usually pays to purchase a wine package (we do this at our embarkation day dinner) which we get at 50% off.  The wines are not particularly good, but they are drinkable and the price is right (at 50% off).  If the ship is still in port that first night we make a point to mention possible taxes and that we do not expect to pay tax.  There has never been a problem :).

Hank

9 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

If you decide to purchase some kind of package on embarkation day (when still in port) you should bring up the issue of taxes.  They will tell you whether there is tax...or you might be told that the billing will not be processed until the ship is well out to sea.  I tend to avoid HAL drink packages because we have been unimpressed with the value.  For us, as 5 Star Mariners, it usually pays to purchase a wine package (we do this at our embarkation day dinner) which we get at 50% off.  The wines are not particularly good, but they are drinkable and the price is right (at 50% off).  If the ship is still in port that first night we make a point to mention possible taxes and that we do not expect to pay tax.  There has never been a problem :).

Hank

Toulomne couple clearly referenced wine packages which is what I was replying to.  HAL processes those when they are out to sea and not in waters (like Spain) where they can still be taxed.

That is why you might wait up to 5 days to see them processed.

You can certainly double check if you like on board but that has been the procedure for some time.  I see no need to say “we don’t expect to pay tax” when there are more diplomatic ways to put it.  JMO though 🙂 

• Like 1

One of the hidden benefits of the SBP is that you know longer have to worry about it. I might order a beer with lunch without it. With it I might have two. I would never order an after dinner drink without it. With it probably. No reason to do a vacation or cruise if you always have to worry about the money and the arithmetic. My goal is always have no charges when I depart, shoot for zero. I would hate to have to go get a job after a cruise.