What do you think will happen with side to sides?

wannagonow123

5 hours ago, EllaDuChien said:

The blue attachment is just someone’s Facebook post saying that that’s what they got. 
Please know, I agree with what you are saying 100%, and I think that what the email says is pretty darn close to what will happen in the US as well. But I checked into my February 12 cruise on the Navigator out of Miami (which I don’t think is going either, but it’s more like than Galveston.) and I didn’t get any of that. 

When did you check in, this just started friday I believe. And yes it's not blue, someone just highlighted it when it popped up friday. New. Feb 21st just opened for check in. 

And I dont see how people think they are going to get around the test you show up with which the results have to be before 24 hours before you board the next leg ... not a couple of hours. Its says 3 days to 24 hour prior to boarding. 

My ta refused to book me on a b2b... he doesnt believe they will be allowed and my bet is on him. Hes afraid I'm going to wind up with excess fccs to use. Though it's on rcl, still same cdc protocols. 

I guess we will see but my ta hasn't guided me wrong yet on anything. This would be a first.

I can see if it's already booked, but now that we know about the double testing to board, why would you book a b2b and take the chance. Back when I was going to book it next april was before the cdc 40 page guide. Now we know protocols. 

Edited by firefly333

10 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

As always, this is totally bogus, and amusing to me, knowing that they could have shut the industry down decades ago if they were "anti-cruise".

it's the ones who want to get on a ship yesterday who keep repeating this.

I guess if you say something enough it means it's true. I wonder where they learned that?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m not saying this will happen, but I can tell you my personal experience in working in 6 different buildings - 

If a COVID case is identified, for example, in one building, I’m limited to going to another building unless I have 2 negative COVID results, as it may take 10-14 days to catch it. 
I’m not sure how this will play out in the future- as I love to take longer cruises or back to back/ side to side cruises.

On 11/29/2020 at 9:50 AM, chengkp75 said:

Will it be "allowed"?  I think it may be "possible", but only because, as you say, tracking passengers between companies would be difficult.  Some posited that CBP could track them, but that would only be "after the fact", since they don't get passenger manifests until just before sailing.

It's conceivable that those manifests could allow CBP to still flag a side-to-side cruiser before they boarded the second ship though I guess. (Unless "just before sailing" means it so last minute they would have already boarded) Presumably that person would lose their money for the second cruise, which would be a bitter pill to swallow considering some of them might not even know there was such a prohibition on cruising consecutive weeks.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

11 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

It's conceivable that those manifests could allow CBP to still flag a side-to-side cruiser before they boarded the second ship though I guess. (Unless "just before sailing" means it so last minute they would have already boarded) Presumably that person would lose their money for the second cruise, which would be a bitter pill to swallow considering some of them might not even know there was such a prohibition on cruising consecutive weeks.

Yes, "just before sailing" means 60 minutes prior to sailing.

• Like 1