Can a back to back cruise be booked as one trip?

I've booked three transatlantic round trips so far, and for each purchased the travel insurance as a single cruise.

I think that should be the case for almost any back to back arrangement. The insurance company just wants to know traveler's ages, start and end dates, and total costs - most will not care how many of those days a on a ship [or at least that's not in the typical online application].

45 minutes ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi palolake,

You would get one policy.

Steve

It also would depend on the total length of the trip.  You can buy a trip medical and emergency evacuation policy for two people which covers all trips outside the USA for one year for only $239 for two adults up to 84 years old.  www.geoblueinsurance.com.

Joel

17 minutes ago, SedonaJoel said:

It also would depend on the total length of the trip.  You can buy a trip medical and emergency evacuation policy for two people which covers all trips outside the USA for one year for only $239 for two adults up to 84 years old.  www.geoblueinsurance.com.

Joel

Hi Joel,

I should have said that someone would buy one trip cancellation policy.

Steve

On 12/2/2020 at 2:30 PM, SedonaJoel said:

Joel

I don't think the GeoBlue Trekker (yearly policy) covers Covid.  For me this would be a requirement.  I think you would need to purchase the single trip policies to have Covid coverage with GeoBlue.

Here is #61 from the exclusions from GeoBlue Trekker policy.

"61. Treatment of any medical condition caused by or resulting from Coronavirus disease (COVID-19); Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) or any subsequent mutation or variation of SARS-CoV-2. Note: Medically Necessary diagnostic testing to determine the diagnosis of a symptomatic Covered Member is covered subject to the deductible."

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I don't think the GeoBlue Trekker (yearly policy) covers Covid.  For me this would be a requirement.  I think you would need to purchase the single trip policies to have Covid coverage with GeoBlue.

Here is #61 from the exclusions from GeoBlue Trekker policy.

"61. Treatment of any medical condition caused by or resulting from Coronavirus disease (COVID-19); Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) or any subsequent mutation or variation of SARS-CoV-2. Note: Medically Necessary diagnostic testing to determine the diagnosis of a symptomatic Covered Member is covered subject to the deductible."

Hi ipeeinthepool,

You are correct. The GeoBlue Trekker policy doesn't cover anything related to the Coronavirus.

The Geo Blue Voyager does cover the Coronavirus:

"For existing and/or prospective members, injuries and Illnesses resulting from Terrorism and pandemics are covered as any other Injury or Illness provided all of the following conditions are met:

• The Covered Person had no direct or indirect involvement in the Terrorist Activity;
  • The Covered Person has not unreasonably failed or refused to depart a country or location or is traveling to a country or location following the date a warning to leave or avoid travel to that country or location is issued by the United States government.

*Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) are not subject to the above exception and are covered as any other Injury or Illness. Medical Expenses associated with asymptomatic testing or expenses for quarantining (confinement outside of a hospital setting) are not covered under this Plan."

Here's more information about the Voyager plans:
https://tripinsurancestore.com/geo-blue-voyager-travel-medical-plans/

Steve Dasseos

• 3 months later...
On 12/2/2020 at 11:30 AM, SedonaJoel said:

Joel

Just received a quote from GEOBLUE for a 81 day trip, for two of us in our mid seventies, at least half of what other insurers quoted.