The Daily for Thursday Dec 3, 2020

richwmn

18 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

They look fantastic! I looked up some recipes online and I might have to give them a try. How do you save them for Christmas Eve??

Thanks, I freeze them.  I really load up on the meat each pie is between 2-3 lbs meat, onion, garlic, spices, parsley, mashed potatoes, chicken stock. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lido deck main said:

Thanks, I freeze them.  I really load up on the meat each pie is between 2-3 lbs meat, onion, garlic, spices, parsley, mashed potatoes, chicken stock. 

I looked at a recipe out of curiosity, and they seemed to sound a little like mince meat?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

My mom had cataract surgery a couple of months ago (it was originally scheduled for May, but COVID changed that).   Now she says she has to do more cleaning because she can SEE the dust in her house.😃

That was my reaction. I have very high ceilings and I was shocked to see some cobwebs when I looked up after the surgery.

• Like 3

Very late to the party. On the road back to Key Largo this morning. Uploading anything in Key West was a challenge. 
Just some pics from the last few days.

Christmas decorations up near Mallory Square.

Key West Sunset from our wine tasting cruise.😎

Finn the resident cat at Angelina’s Guesthouse in Key West, making himself at home on my lap.

Billie Holiday the famous six-toed cat at the Hemingway House looking for a comfy position.

A street mosaic near the Southernmost point of the continental USA.

My favorite butterfly from the Butterfly Conservatory. I need to do some research to see if I can figure out what it is.

Rhett & Scarlet the resident flamingos of the Butterfly Conservatory.

Finn making himself comfortable on my bed.

Chomper, a resident of the turtle hospital, who had a 14+ pound tumor on its flipper. Sadly they could not save the flipper, so Chomper may end up becoming a permanent resident.

DE6916BF-97A3-4FEB-81DB-FB3F847AD993.jpeg

BE83A29A-F709-4A6C-9A9C-6A0724BE1155.jpeg

557DC4FD-89DB-41CE-820A-4356BA77546F.jpeg

1AE7D5E1-DA33-4B3C-AD26-FFE045617DF4.jpeg

6F159BD0-D7E2-462B-BF1F-EF5D43808095.jpeg

2B13D25E-AA1C-47D1-8DE2-843A74B24E11.jpeg

1AE4675E-006B-4AA8-A24A-F738792EE570.jpeg

ECA4A136-A7D9-4421-887A-F1C21DA38FBB.jpeg

6B96916E-720D-484B-999A-8E968CEF808F.jpeg

Colene Clemens Pinot Noir Chehalem Mountains Dopp Creek    2014

Pinot Noir fans take note - this wine is on the “broad-shouldered side”! All vintages of this Willamette Valley Pinot Noir have excellent ratings, and a fairly reasonable price for this vintage starting at $27. 

#42 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2017

Conveying the house style and reflective of the area where it’s grown, Dopp Creek is rich with dark berry fruit, more on the broad-shouldered side, aided by complimentary spice and oak accents.

91 - Wine Spectator

Firm and focused, with cinnamon notes floating around red berry and floral flavors, finishing with gentle persistence agaisnt lively acidity and fine tannins. Best from 2018 through 2022. 3,100 cases made.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 5