Question about Shareholder OBC?

trvlwrld

4 hours ago, antsp said:

How does Princess even know you own the shares, these days with photo shop

Photoshop is nothing new. I have been using it since about 1995 (in college and then as a Web Developer). People can always find a way to cheat if they want to, but fortunately, the VAST majority of people are decent humans.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, anngi said:

Did as you all advised on Stockperks app.  Took less than a week.  OBC was hidden on website but did find it.  Will look for it on Princess app.

Have never seen Shareholder OBC on the App, only on the website. Not sure if it's there somewhere or not. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrmoviezombie said:

I would expect that corporations are required to know the identification details for every shareholder. They certainly need them to track your voting at the annual meeting.

Not really the case these days. The vast majority of shares owned by individual investors are actually registered with the company in the brokerage name, not the investor name. It depends on your broker but most of them work this way. There's lots of reasons for it, but yeah, even if you get a voting control number and vote your shares most of the time you're not actually voting in your name, you are really just telling your broker how you want THEM to vote for the shares that are registered to them but are assigned to you. So the broker knows you own 100 shares of CCL but CCL only knows your broker has those 100 shares.

12 hours ago, anngi said:

Did as you all advised on Stockperks app.  Took less than a week.  OBC was hidden on website but did find it.  Will look for it on Princess app.

1 hour ago, OceanoPair said:

Have never seen Shareholder OBC on the App, only on the website. Not sure if it's there somewhere or not. 

I agree that it won't be visible in the app. Once you board you can view your folio in the app and your OBC will show there.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I agree that it won't be visible in the app. Once you board you can view your folio in the app and your OBC will show there.

It should also show up in your Travel Summary if/when you download that from the website.

• Like 1

My SHOBC for our cruise in 2025 is still showing up in my booking information. I just looked again to be sure they hadn't taken it back off 🤣

19 hours ago, jcruizer said:

Can the share benefit (OBC) still be combined with the military benefit?

Yes, but they are both now non refundable.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2024 at 8:12 AM, gailisacruzin said:

I thought that shareholders benefits were stopping for sailings after December 31 2024?  Is this correct?

No, at the annual stockholders' meeting they routinely extend it every year.

On 7/20/2024 at 5:12 AM, gailisacruzin said:

I thought that shareholders benefits were stopping for sailings after December 31 2024?  Is this correct?

No, it's just that Stockperks won't allow you to request for a 2025 or later cruise until November.