Lift & Shift for Cancelled Cruise

RSLeesburg

We were booked on Silhouette for the December 2021 14 day South America holiday cruise.  We just received email from Celebrity that Silhouette is going to be moved to Fort Lauderdale next Christmas and we’re offered a 12 day South American cruise on Infinity with $200 OBC.  My wife would prefer sailing on Solstice class, so we were just going to let Celebrity cancel us out and refund our money, but was wondering if it is possible to L&S this cruise to another itinerary.  Is that possible, or must we only take the substitution that was offered?   

• Like 1

Infinity is a much older ship. There is also speculation that she and Constellation will be moved to Pullmatur. There have been articles, but I think the speculation is due to the fact that those 2 ships haven’t yet been refurbished.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23950-pullmantur-could-mount-comeback-with-two-celebrity-ships.html

Edited by upwarduk

On 12/4/2020 at 9:29 PM, jelayne said:

Lift & Shift let’s you move to the same itinerary,  a year later +/- 4 weeks.  So if your wife is thinking about a Europe, Asia. Australia, etc that won’t work.  If you to the L& S  site you can put in your info and see your options.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence

Yes.  We Lift & Shifted our 2020 South America cruise on Silhouette to 2021 - same ship, same itinerary, same cabin...lol.  But unfortunately, the 2022 schedule for December is not out yet, so cannot L&S again, and they want us to make a decision by Dec 5th of this year.  I looked at other "Christmas" cruises, but the only one that would potentially work would be on Silhouette for Southern, so same ship we were supposed to be on, just different location.  But, we did Southern a few years ago, and my wife wants something different.  There is a 14 day cruise in Asia, but not sure we want to travel that far over Christmas.  It would be tight getting there and back before my son starts school again.  

On 12/5/2020 at 2:43 AM, upwarduk said:

Infinity is a much older ship. There is also speculation that she and Constellation will be moved to Pullmatur. There have been articles, but I think the speculation is due to the fact that those 2 ships haven’t yet been refurbished.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23950-pullmantur-could-mount-comeback-with-two-celebrity-ships.html

Thanks for the heads up.  

16 minutes ago, RSLeesburg said:

Yes.  We Lift & Shifted our 2020 South America cruise on Silhouette to 2021 - same ship, same itinerary, same cabin...lol.  But unfortunately, the 2022 schedule for December is not out yet, so cannot L&S again, and they want us to make a decision by Dec 5th of this year.  I looked at other "Christmas" cruises, but the only one that would potentially work would be on Silhouette for Southern, so same ship we were supposed to be on, just different location.  But, we did Southern a few years ago, and my wife wants something different.  There is a 14 day cruise in Asia, but not sure we want to travel that far over Christmas.  It would be tight getting there and back before my son starts school again.  

L & S cruises must start on or before May  4, 2022.  So moving via L & S would be possible unless Celebrity changes the sail by date.

Celebrity (on the Australian end) are currently refusing to let us Lift & Shift a cruise that starts on May 2, 2021.  The excuse is that they haven't cancelled it yet.   They have cancelled our two legs of our B2B2B2B before that and the one after looks doubtful as it is 9 days and we wish to move both but as yet we can't do either unless we completely cancel and rebook under the current conditions.   We had to do that with one of the first legs as well as it was one day shorter but they gave us a really good discount, which made up for all the OBC that we lost.   As it was a Bering Strait Transpacific with only two port stops there is little we wanted to spend it on in any case except for a restaurant here and there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RSLeesburg said:

This post shows dated 16 hours ago which means yesterday Dec 7th.  If they need a decision by Dec 5th isn't this too late now or perhaps a typo and you meant 15th?

11 hours ago, poffles said:

This post shows dated 16 hours ago which means yesterday Dec 7th.  If they need a decision by Dec 5th isn't this too late now or perhaps a typo and you meant 15th?

No, I posted this on the 4th thinking I had one extra day, but just reread our notice and we had to make a decision by the 1st...lol.   We were pretty sure that we were just going to let it expire and get a full refund, but I thought it would not hurt to ask here when I thought I had one extra day.  No worries.  We are now looking at maybe going on Flora.   

2 minutes ago, RSLeesburg said:

No, I posted this on the 4th thinking I had one extra day, but just reread our notice and we had to make a decision by the 1st...lol.   We were pretty sure that we were just going to let it expire and get a full refund, but I thought it would not hurt to ask here when I thought I had one extra day.  No worries.  We are now looking at maybe going on Flora.   

That sucks!