Moving on.......Luxury Cruises: from boom to bust? Channel 4

Harry Peterson

The question is where can we go, if Telegraph is to be believed.  UK will be well ahead of EU in vaccination,  not just because we started a little bit earlier, but we were lucky (or clever) in what we ordered.  Per head we also ordered more of everything and hedged our bets . We ordered more of Pfizer vaccines and Oxford vaccines. Whilst they choose and ordered Pfizer vaccine after us and French Sanofi vaccine which is now delayed till second half 21,  EU didn't order Oxford vaccine till later once Sanofi looked to be slower.

Will  countries whose population haven't all been vaccinated let cruise ships in even if all passengers have been vaccinated. Not for health reasons more for PR.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

The question is where can we go, if Telegraph is to be believed.  UK will be well ahead of EU in vaccination,  not just because we started a little bit earlier, but we were lucky (or clever) in what we ordered.  Per head we also ordered more of everything and hedged our bets . We ordered more of Pfizer vaccines and Oxford vaccines. Whilst they choose and ordered Pfizer vaccine after us and French Sanofi vaccine which is now delayed till second half 21,  EU didn't order Oxford vaccine till later once Sanofi looked to be slower.

Will  countries whose population haven't all been vaccinated let cruise ships in even if all passengers have been vaccinated. Not for health reasons more for PR.

I suspect it depends on the protection afforded by the vaccine, an aspect which I understand is yet to be clarified.

As I read it, it is accepted that the vaccine prevents the recipient from becoming ill. But it is not yet known whether it also prevents the recipient from becoming infected. If it does, there is no reason for a country to exclude those who have been vaccinated. If it does not, there is every reason for them to continue to do so.

Edited by Denarius

19 minutes ago, Denarius said:

As I read it, it is accepted that the vaccine prevents the recipient from becoming ill. But it is not yet known whether it also prevents the recipient from becoming infected.

That was my understanding,  but others have told me I am wrong. 

3 hours ago, Denarius said:

I suspect it depends on the protection afforded by the vaccine, an aspect which I understand is yet to be clarified.

As I read it, it is accepted that the vaccine prevents the recipient from becoming ill. But it is not yet known whether it also prevents the recipient from becoming infected. If it does, there is no reason for a country to exclude those who have been vaccinated. If it does not, there is every reason for them to continue to do so.

The virus can infect everyone,and there's a strong chance if we did nothing it will,the only defence we have against it at the moment is,distance,wash hands and face masks(isolation).Untill you have the vaccine that's the only defence you have,now,when you get the vaccine it gives you a defence mechanism within your body to fight off the virus,with a success rate of 95%.You can get the virus and pass it on but given the succes rate of the vaccine you should be ok.Nothing is ever 100% safe,so i've been told,i could be wrong,this is all based on what i've read and is my opinion.