Royal messed up my FCC and my agent cannot get them to fix it!

Hammergirl

We cancelled a cruise last in August and because we had a non-refundable deposit, we were issued a $1000 FCC. There were 4 of us sailing. Myself, my husband and our 2 kids. We want to apply our $1000 to our March cruise before our final payment is due, which is the 14th.

My agent called several days ago to get this done, only to find out they issued our FCC wrong. They gave both my kids $250 ones, myself 2 $250 ones and my husband none. Because of this, Royal informs my agent that they can only apply $750 of it because there are 2 in my name and you can only apply 1 per cruise. Finally after 2 hours on the phone with them my agent gets them to admit that they issued the FCC's wrong and one should have been issued to my husband, but there is nothing they can do about it. She escalated this to the resolutions department who says they have to work on it and get back to her. That was 2 days ago. She said she has called multiple times and gotten dead air and the agent she was corresponding with has stopped responding to her emails.

I refuse to pay my final credit until this FCC is applied correctly to my upcoming cruise. I am wondering if anyone knows what my options will be if final payment day comes and this is still not resolved? I know this cruise is not going to sail, which is why we are applying this FCC and paying the final. I do not want to be stuck with another $1000 FCC if I cancel this cruise on my own as well. I would like to at least get as much of my money back as possible. 

I am just SO ANGRY that Royal feels like they can just screw around with people's money like this!

44 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

We cancelled a cruise last in August and because we had a non-refundable deposit, we were issued a $1000 FCC. There were 4 of us sailing. Myself, my husband and our 2 kids. We want to apply our $1000 to our March cruise before our final payment is due, which is the 14th.

My agent called several days ago to get this done, only to find out they issued our FCC wrong. They gave both my kids $250 ones, myself 2 $250 ones and my husband none. Because of this, Royal informs my agent that they can only apply $750 of it because there are 2 in my name and you can only apply 1 per cruise. Finally after 2 hours on the phone with them my agent gets them to admit that they issued the FCC's wrong and one should have been issued to my husband, but there is nothing they can do about it. She escalated this to the resolutions department who says they have to work on it and get back to her. That was 2 days ago. She said she has called multiple times and gotten dead air and the agent she was corresponding with has stopped responding to her emails.

I refuse to pay my final credit until this FCC is applied correctly to my upcoming cruise. I am wondering if anyone knows what my options will be if final payment day comes and this is still not resolved? I know this cruise is not going to sail, which is why we are applying this FCC and paying the final. I do not want to be stuck with another $1000 FCC if I cancel this cruise on my own as well. I would like to at least get as much of my money back as possible. 

I am just SO ANGRY that Royal feels like they can just screw around with people's money like this!

I have had Royal extend final payment one week at a time for a month while we waited for / Fixed FCC’s for clients.  I just had my personal reservation final Paymrnt for March extended while they fix mine. 

• Thanks 1

I've had a number of frustrating dealings with Royal lately.  Fortunately I used a travel agent and she has to deal with it while I sit back and pour another glass of wine.  In the end she seems to get it done.  

Relax and let your agent get it done.

• Like 1