Dawn and Epic Suites

rfs7306

Does anyone know if any suite on either of these ships is capable of splitting bed to 2 twins. Talked to NCL yesterday and I was told no but find that hard to believe. The person I talked to was not very informative and seemed in a rush. 

Each of those has several suite types, some with more than one bed.  That being said, all I've seen here over the years says the main bed can't.  Any suite with room for three or more will obviously have some type of extra bed although it could be a couch.

Now on MSC, splitting a main bed common in suites.

8 hours ago, rfs7306 said:

Does anyone know if any suite on either of these ships is capable of splitting bed to 2 twins. Talked to NCL yesterday and I was told no but find that hard to believe. The person I talked to was not very informative and seemed in a rush. 

Epic - the master bed does not split. The Epic beds are also round. 

image.png.5a3f1471fceb13a495490033d89dd1a2.png

Dawn - We were in a forward facing suite on the Dawn and the main bed did split. NCL has been working hard to get rid of those beds (which is basically a skimpy mattress pad over the joint - Not very comfortable or elegant). So, it would not surprise me if the main bed did not split. 

image.png.3da772238a4460eecbd0eb6fad3ff8da.png

Edited by BirdTravels

Too bad...I'm looking to possibly cancel a cruise as the one main bed in a Family Suite with Balcony on the Dawn only has a Queen sized bed.  They should all be King sized if they can't split them.  It's the way all the other lines are moving I believe...

Any of the beds in suites which I've been in do NOT split. It really is one of the reasons those beds are so comfortable and the suites/havens are so sought after.  Who wants to pay a few thousand dollars only to be stuck with an uncomfortable bed? 

Edited by All-ready2cruise

15 hours ago, tnt10 said:

Too bad...I'm looking to possibly cancel a cruise as the one main bed in a Family Suite with Balcony on the Dawn only has a Queen sized bed.  They should all be King sized if they can't split them.  It's the way all the other lines are moving I believe...

Split beds have a downside.  As I've said, most suites on NCL have king or similar as master.  Beautiful and comfy.  MSC suites common to have queen that do split.  Too small and you have the ridge.

Ii might have missed your guest configuration, but if it is two who don't want to share bed, many suite types have couch beds.  Heck, even one of the family suite types on Dawn sleeps six.

The last time I was in a suite on the Dawn the main bed was a King and did not split. The rest of the beds were couch conversions - even the one in the second bedroom. On the Gem and Pearl we have stayed in SF suites (Aft deck 10) and they also have one king bed that does not seperate and a small couch that makes into a single bed.

• Like 1