Sapphire Princess Aft Passenger Stairs?

Steven_&_Daniel

Hello Cruisers,

I'm in the process of booking a cruise on the Sapphire, and we will be traveling with relatives who will be staying in one of the aft suites on Caribe deck. We always book an inside. We have sailed many of the Grand-class ships and once enjoyed one of the inside cabins on the Aloha deck just steps away from the aft terrace. 

I'm trying to remember if there is a passenger stairwell on the stern that would provide an easy path between those cabins (A740 & C752). I'm thinking the only stairs near there are for crew only. Is that correct?

Thanks for your help!

23 minutes ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

Hello Cruisers,

I'm in the process of booking a cruise on the Sapphire, and we will be traveling with relatives who will be staying in one of the aft suites on Caribe deck. We always book an inside. We have sailed many of the Grand-class ships and once enjoyed one of the inside cabins on the Aloha deck just steps away from the aft terrace. 

I'm trying to remember if there is a passenger stairwell on the stern that would provide an easy path between those cabins (A740 & C752). I'm thinking the only stairs near there are for crew only. Is that correct?

Thanks for your help!

There are crew stairs back there, but they are open to passengers only for the lifeboat drill, not in general.  You would have to go forward to the stairs by the elevators.

32 minutes ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

Hello Cruisers,

Thanks for your help!

I think A740 is going to give access to the Terrace Pool area but you cannot go to lower decks.  The aft stairwells and lifts are further forward, about fifteen cabins down the corridor. This is the shortest route between the cabins.  I think you will both be allocated the same muster station and the International Dining Room is only accessible using the aft stairwell and lifts.

Regards John

That's exactly what I thought. I was 99% sure the nearby stairs were for crew. I remember using them for muster drill. I know it would be a long walk to the passenger stairs, which is not a big deal. I just wanted to get confirmation for my clouded memory.

Thanks everyone!

8 minutes ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

That's exactly what I thought. I was 99% sure the nearby stairs were for crew. I remember using them for muster drill. I know it would be a long walk to the passenger stairs, which is not a big deal. I just wanted to get confirmation for my clouded memory.

Thanks everyone!

About 150 feet

I've used the "crew" stairs at the very back of the ships before and not just for muster drill,  The crew doesn't use them much since they really don't go between decks much (at least the stewards) during their daily routine.  If "caught" by a crew member, probably at the most they'd tell you not to use then anymore.  Of course you could use the excuse that you just wanted to familiarize yourself with an additional evacuation route in case of emergency.

Remember, it's easier to beg forgiveness then it is to ask permission!

Just my opinion/experience...

Edited by Av8tor

1 hour ago, Av8tor said:

I've used the "crew" stairs at the very back of the ships before and not just for muster drill,  The crew doesn't use them much since they really don't go between decks much (at least the stewards) during their daily routine.  If "caught" by a crew member, probably at the most they'd tell you not to use then anymore.  Of course you could use the excuse that you just wanted to familiarize yourself with an additional evacuation route in case of emergency.

Remember, it's easier to beg forgiveness then it is to ask permission!

Just my opinion/experience...

When the sign says crew only it means crew only.  If we can break that rule what other rules is it ok to break. But drinks for under age girls. Smoke wherever we want ?  Inquiring minds want to know

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

When the sign says crew only it means crew only.  If we can break that rule what other rules is it ok to break. But drinks for under age girls. Smoke wherever we want ?  Inquiring minds want to know

Yeah, this is in my mind a problem. Just because you get away with it a few times, I can only imagine getting caught by someone a bit more zealous than you'd like. With so many cameras recording activities on the ship just think of a safety/security officer reviewing the recordings and finding out one is a repeat offender. I hope you like the next port because that's probably where you're leaving the ship, for good.

• Like 2