Sapphire cabins?

new2cruise

I've searched the thread on cabin reviews using "Sapphire" as the search term and NOTHING came up.  Is it possible that there are no reviews for the Sapphire?  Also when I do a search of the entire Princess board on "Sapphire" AND "cabins"  (under "FIND RESULTS THAT CONTAIN and clicking on "all of my search term words") I get a list of posts that contains EITHER Sapphire or cabins.  That's a LOT of posts to wade through!  Does anyone have some insights on the best balcony or mini-suite cabins on the Sapphire?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, new2cruise said:

Does anyone have some insights on the best balcony or mini-suite cabins on the Sapphire?

Thanks!

You should begin by looking at the deck plans on the Princess web site. Go to Princess.com. Select Onboard Our Ships, Deck Plans, Sapphire Princess. Search around. Clicking on a cabin will bring up some information. Indicate number of guests, wheelchair, or connecting cabins and the deck plans will highlight those. We do this to eliminate cabins from our selection choices.

Mini suites on deck 9 have a 9' x 6' balcony that is uncovered. Mini suites on deck 8 aft, 16 of them, have covered balconies, but these are above Club Fusion which does have live bands and activities until around 11/12pm each evening. You might hear some band noise, bass. There are a few cabins that have large balconies. You can see them on the deck plans. Balcony cat. cabins on deck 10 have 9' x 9' balconies with 5 ft. of cover and 4 ft. uncovered. They are nice. Mostly all other balcony cat. cabins have 9' x 5' covered balconies. We always try to select a cabin on a deck with cabins above and below.

Here is a site that has additional information:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/

Cabins have lots of storage with a 6 foot open closet a wardrobe closet with shelves and a safe plus drawers in the night stands and dressing table. All cabins have a fridge. Mini suites have a larger bathroom with a tub/shower combination. Mini suites also have a sofa. Balcony cat. cabins have a shower, no tub. There is no sofa in a balcony cat. cabin and only one desk chair. Balconies have two chairs and a table. If I remember correctly mini suite balconies have 4 chairs and a table.

With few exceptions interiors of all balcony cat cabins are the same. All mini suite cabins also have the same interiors. The word "premium" means a location that Princess feels is a better location, usually mid ship. It does not mean better in cabin features or amenities.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Balconies have two chairs and a table.

No longer the case on most ships. Princess removed the "barrel" chair and there is now only the "desk" chair. Some are happy about the change. Others are very unhappy about the change.

8 minutes ago, Thrak said:

No longer the case on most ships. Princess removed the "barrel" chair and there is now only the "desk" chair. Some are happy about the change. Others are very unhappy about the change.

Poster said BALCONIES have 2 chairs and a table.  AFAIK the barrel chair and desk chair have nothing to do with balcony seating which should still be 2 chairs and a table. 

2 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Poster said BALCONIES have 2 chairs and a table.  AFAIK the barrel chair and desk chair have nothing to do with balcony seating which should still be 2 chairs and a table. 

D'Oh! My bad. Balconies do indeed have two chairs and a table. I tend to get Caribe deck balconies so I usually have two footstools as well. Love the larger half-covered Caribe balconies.

• Like 1

You can go to YouTube and search Sapphire Princess balcony cabins and there are numerous video reviews.

Youtube is always my first stop when researching a particular cabin or ship. 

Side note - it is often necessary to mute these videos,  as for some reason people need to give a running commentary ""And here's the sink"...

• Haha 1