12-24-20 Thursday Weigh-In Merry Christmas Eve And Day Everyone

Belle

Mel, that's quite a wake up call!!

Izena, sounds like this might be behind you soon. I'm not eligible for it until late spring / early summer. Hoping to pick which one I get (prefer Moderna over Pfizer & Astra Zenica)

Izena - I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well on your walks. We had wind from your direction the last few days, and my sinuses have been killing me today. Do you have allergies? 

Ombud - the sales guy said they were going to be here at 8:30, and I thought, there's no way a construction crew starts that late. I got the kids up and dressed by 7:30, and the first truck was here by 7:45.

With the fence down, we took the dogs on a couple walks. That was about it for exercise today. We had a cold front come in today. Now, in addition to the rain tomorrow and Wednesday, it's supposed to snow late Thursday and into Friday!

Hello Belle, glad you're eating better. Definitely ready to kiss 2020 goodbye. 

Izena, sorry you're a little under the weather, hopefully it passes soon.

Mel, good you were ready early. Sorry you are going to get snow. 

Hubby and I went out today to do a little shopping. Not many people in the store but we were surprised to see a few people without masks. Guess people are getting tired of all the precautions. 

Have a good day, Diana

I’m going to report wt for this week today -  I weigh on tuesdays.

Today is my 71st birthday.  Here is the first present from my scales  I weighed at 171.6. How awesome is that!!!  It is a sign of good things to come.   Loss 1.6  this week .

• Like 1

Hello All

Happy Birthday Izena and congrats on the loss! Great Present for the Holiday week.

How are you all doing this week between Christmas and New Year? 2021 will be

here soon. A new start for us and the whole world. Hope everyone gets it right.

Hope all people learn to have a healthier world they need to go by the rules. They

need to change their ways. Look what happen at Thanksgiving and now Christmas

and we have New Year's coming.  Will they ever learn?

Diana...Glad you got yourThey say we don't have a choice of the vaccine.  shopping done. See what I mean  People not wearing masks. Why?

Not eating as well as I should be or was. Will tell on Thursday.

Mel...How's the pool going? Did you get your rain?

Ombud...They say we don't get a choice of vaccine, just get what ever they are given.

Whenever anyone gets the shots in here give us the reports on how it was.

Jan, Rose and Jo plus everyone else hope your day is going well.

I'm still cleaning little by little. Having some one come by Wed. and take some things

away and my son is going to be here. Will have lunch and he will take some stuff

to Goodwill. Getting things done little bit at a time. When county get well and can

trust people to come in your house I want new floors done in kitchen and family room.

Now just plug along. Have to get back better eating habits again.

How are you all eating? Good? Semi-good? Bad? Very bad?

Well have to get thru the 31st and the 1st food and drink and then a new start on

the weekend or Monday 1-4-2021.  WE CAN DO IT!

Belle, it's good I think that you are doing some cleaning out. It's a good distraction from our realities right now. Nice you will see your son and have him take some stuff. 

Sounds nice to think about new floors, etc. Something to look forward to. 

I agree with you, I don't understand why people are not wearing masks. 

I try to eat healthy but hubby gets in the way. I just try to eat less of the bad stuff. Yesterday we had a fast food mexican lunch in the car before some grocery shopping. Too much food so brought some home. Had it today for lunch, ugh full. We decided to counter it we'll have salad for dinner. So good with the bad. 

Today it was beautiful outside. Only around 55 but sun out. I did some yard cleanup in the backyard. I was outside for about 2 hours. Good distraction. I forced myself to walk things to the green bin on the other side of the house so got a few thousand steps between all of that. 

Maybe tomorrow I'll do the front yard. 

Wishing everyone a good day.

Diana

I took Koda to the groomers for just his nails. No one is going in so he had a partial spa day. Hope they make it. Went to take-out while I was waiting & over ate (ate in car). I wish I had the option of eating outside 

Heard Sacramento may open up soon. 

Belle - Pool is dug and the edges are all tarped. The rain is supposed to start tonight around 3am. Snow is no longer in the forecast, but we're supposed to get between 4-5" of rain between now and Friday. The project manager was out this afternoon and didn't seem too worried. He said our soil is really good and we should be fine. He expects we'll be stubbing the plumbing and doing rebar next week and gunite in two weeks. 

Diana - I have no control when it comes to Mexican food. You did good to bring some home.

Ombud - Does Koda like the groomer and car rides? I have one that is OK with it, but my older dog has starting hiding under the car seat whenever we go anywhere.

Lots of salty things this week, and I've gone over my eating window at night having late snacks when I'm not hungry. I'm still in the 170s, but it's not pretty. We had quinoa stuffed peppers for lunch today and pan fried chicken with roasted potatoes and broccoli for dinner. I'm going to do my best to stop now, but the pantry has been calling once the kids go to bed all week.

I've been moving all day baking for the NYE wedding, laundry, trying to reclaim the house from the Christmas chaos. I was better with water today too. Hopefully the scale reflects it over the next couple days. 

Koda LOVES this groomer. Hates the vet so he's really quiet until we pass them. Then he starts prancing once we pass the dog park and is really hard to hold back once it's obvious where we're going especially when walking up to their door. He's a Fluffball now (everything but a cut)

20201229_141712.thumb.jpg.64c26a1c22bd4b126cdb2f71ce534bf5.jpg

I don't understand why I'm still hungry. Had pasta with extra cheese but it's hard to stop sweets

Wish I had Izena's resolve!!

Belle, I won't have a choice of vaccines either. But I've heard of people in LA getting to jump the lines & pick the vaccine. Kudos on massive decluttering. I'm trying to get started again. It multiplied over the shutdown

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

Oh, and he jumps in any car with an open door (Dtr's, S, neighbor's, of course mine). Must work on that 

His longest car ride was SF to Boston. S said he loved it (but didn't do well in the apartment)

Edited by Ombud

Ombud, Koda is too cute. And what a sweet personality. I hate eating in the car.....Reminds me of the days when I was working and so busy with my job that the only time I could eat was in the car with fast food. I just loathe it. 

And yes Sacramento might have the stay-at-home order lifted soon but still scary being out there. Things might open but do you want to be in those places?

Mel, busy for you making the wedding cake. Salty things are so yummy. That's my hubby's downfall..

Today was another nice day outside. This time worked in the front yard about 1 hour. Pulled weeds, trimmed some bushes, cleaned up leaves. The leaves are almost all cleaned up. Was nice being outside. 

Have a nice day everyone.

Diana

• Like 1