Just had to book a cruise to feel some "normalcy"...and because our FCC expires Tuesday!

tennispretzel

We had $1600 in credit from a cancelled cruise last year and had to use it by this coming Tuesday. Although it wasn't my first choice we booked a Southern Caribbean because by 2/20/2022 we think we'll be happy to see some pristine beaches and cuz I love me a new ship!! Rotterdam!! Our cruise last February 2020 was perfect on the Nieuw Statendam so for very little extra cash we were able to book another with View and Veranda. We're not big drinkers but the perks of free drinks, tips and one night in a specialty restaurant were too much to pass up. Something to look forward to.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tennispretzel said:

we booked a Southern Caribbean because by 2/20/2022

DH and I are on the same cruise. I haven't started a roll call for it yet, but there is one for the 2/13-27/22 Tropical & Southern cruise. You might want to join that one.

The PCC hinted that maybe my FCC could be extended but as she was in a hurry had no time to look at it while we were on the phone. Maybe not as it wasn't due to Coronavirus. We will speak again on Monday I hope. We have been to all the ports before and they are favorites and we are hopeful to be wintering back in FL in 2022 where we usually are this time of year...not stuck in upstate NY with cold, snow and ice. It made me want to sign on the dotted line more than ever. Cruise Suzy, see you aboard!

HAL needs cash and is very willing to cut a deal to get it. Yesterday rather than paying my deposit of $350, I paid $392 FINAL.(not due till Nov. 2021)For $42 more I took the gamble and got an extra $250 OBC and a $100 cut to my overall bill and went from VE to VD category. I am willing to gamble and, of course, hope HAL doesn't go out of business between now and my Feb. 2022 cruise date.

8 hours ago, ski ww said:

Trying to find a cruise to replace our cancelled one for 2022 but can't find something similar, the British Isles Explorer.

It seems the schedules are slowly leaking out so give it some time.  I was on the VOV and told the new schedule for that cruise would be released January 15

On 1/6/2021 at 10:37 AM, ski ww said:

Trying to find a cruise to replace our cancelled one for 2022 but can't find something similar, the British Isles Explorer.

Have you looked at either the Volendam 14-day British Isles Explorer sailing August 14, 2022 RT Rotterdam or the 27-day British Isles and European River Explorer sailing from Rotterdam on the same date to Civitavecchia?