Paying with FCC, and your cruiseis cancelled?

suzyed

If one pays for a cruise with FCCs, and the cruise is cancelled, do you just get back what credits you used or do you get the extra 25% back that Princess is offering?  I think I know the answer but wonder if anyone has experienced this?

3 minutes ago, jparker10508 said:

I asked Princess the other day and was told we just get the FCC back, nothing else.  

That's what I figured.  But I can even imagine using any of them until we absolutely have to. 
The probelm is that if you try to book on Princess.com they automatically use your FCC.  I don't like that because if they cancel how long is it going to take to get them back when it took 2 months to get them in the first place!

17 minutes ago, suzyed said:

That's what I figured.  But I can even imagine using any of them until we absolutely have to. 
The probelm is that if you try to book on Princess.com they automatically use your FCC.  I don't like that because if they cancel how long is it going to take to get them back when it took 2 months to get them in the first place!

I would much rather that they hold on to my FCCs (which I consider play money) then keep me waiting months to refund real money to my CC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, suzyed said:

I cancelled a cruise I had FCC & FCD on today. 
my FCC is back n my account tonight , FCC & FCD have both been extended. 
must call Princess to discuss your situation 

Edited by dog

Just now, dog said:

45 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

My ultimate concern is that I may not ever get my money back. Every time the start dates are pushed out it makes me more concerned about how long Princess can withstand this.  

I was only able to get non refundable FCC. If they had my refundable money I’d ask for it now. 

They cancelled my October cruise back in march. email said reply for full money back to credit card. or if we don't here from you by June double back to princess account. I then had to cancel NYE cruise rang on day of final payment as still not UK flights. 1st option was money back to account. I took that then applied all 3 credits to my new booking. 

got to have something to look forward to right.

Stay Safe 

Stu K

• Like 3

11 hours ago, dog said:

We had one cancelled a month or so ago.  Still shows as "upcoming cruise" and still says "manage" but of course I can't manage it.  The thing is, it's still listed wit FCD applied. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, suzyed said:

If your FCCs are applied, you can always have them removed if prior to your final payment date ... or better yet, request that they don't even apply them in the first place.  Once the cruise has been canceled by the cruiseline, it will probably take a long time to get them returned to your account.  But, a proactive approach will take care of that issue.  

3 hours ago, suzyed said:

We had one cancelled a month or so ago.  Still shows as "upcoming cruise" and still says "manage" but of course I can't manage it.  The thing is, it's still listed wit FCD applied. 

So is my Jan 23/21 cruise Princess cancelled I asked Princess last night about this and she said it will stay in Personalizer until they get around to refunding it. In my case it is a $2 deposit so I do nothing. It will disappear. 

On 1/7/2021 at 7:21 AM, suzyed said:

We had this situation and wanted to rebook with the FCC as our deposit.  Unfortunately the FCC had expired during the time since we booked the canceled cruise.  I had to request an extension of the FCC and an extension on the deposit date.  It took about 6 weeks before the FCC were returned to my account and myTA could apply them to the room I had been holding for a future cruise.

• Like 1