2023 World Cruise coming out January 18

32 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

We have been pleasantly surprised that sometimes those with low expectations turn out to be quite delightful.  

That's true -- and I think part of the enjoyment of the world cruise is just the experience of doing it.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

I should add that the problem with Asia is that it’s the wrong time of year.  The 2017 WC went to Japan, Korea, China etc and we had snow on the Great Wall (which was actually kind of pretty) and temps in the low 20’s in Korea.  If you want Asia in a world cruise like environment you are far better off doing the Grand Asia as you visit those countries in October.

We did Grand Asia in 2018.  Wonderful cruise and would consider it if they ever offer it again.  I wonder if there is any chance . . . 

One poster mentioned the reduced number of suites on the Zaandam.  It is true that it has half the number of NS's on the 7th deck than had the Amsterdam, but does anyone know how many Vista Suites are available on that ship?  Half of deck 7 were Vista Suites.  I suspect that the poster's concern that the reduced number will be reflected in a higher cabin rate.

I wonder what Cunard will come up in 2023 for their WC.  A possibility.

18 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

We did Grand Asia in 2018.  Wonderful cruise and would consider it if they ever offer it again.  I wonder if there is any chance . . . 

we were booked on Oceania's version of the Grand Asia for the fall of 2020.  Needless to say it did not sail.

Edited by KirkNC

28 minutes ago, bcummin said:

Fred Olsen's next world cruise will be on HAL's former ms Rotterdam.

I think she is now their Borealis.

Barbara

And I believe it is priced very reasonably, I think there was a thread on this board that said it was $17,000/pp for an inside cabin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Looks like 8 overnights (The half sun and moon symbols).  Sea days are usually about 1/2 the cruise so probably sixty something but you can't go around the world without them.

There are 10 overnights. Only one port call in Mauritius. The other is in Reunion.

Thank you Kirk and a few others for pointing out to Tampa Girl that the large land mass between New Zealand and Africa is actually the continent of Australia and I can tell you that the 6 ports that they have scheduled for Australia are pretty amazing to visit.

The itinerary from FL to Mauritius/Reunion Island is wonderful, but I wish that they had headed north through the Suez, into the Med., out past Gibraltar, then continued with the remainder of the itinerary back to FL.  We would have booked in a heart beat.

7 hours ago, zelker said:

HAL told me it will be on their site tomorrow (the 19th).

I called yesterday and HAL told me it would be today, but it isn’t posted yet.  Maybe tomorrow was the correct answer. I really do appreciate seeing the map even if we can’t see the day by day itinerary.