Drink prices on Cococay

25 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Also, on a related note, when is the last day a drink package is offered onboard, for a 6 night cruise?  Since Cococay and a sea day are at the end of our cruise, we are also open to picking up the drink package late in the game.

Varies.  Typically inconsistent.  I ask on boarding day and sometimes the answer is day 2, sometimes day 3 but for a 6 night I would expect day 2 to be the last day.  On longer TA cruises it's been offered mid-cruise but only if package sales are slow.  

They know people who wait and sign up later of they allowed it longer.  

• Like 1

Just now, twangster said:

Varies.  Typically inconsistent.  I ask on boarding day and sometimes the answer is day 2, sometimes day 3 but for a 6 night I would expect day 2 to be the last day.  On longer TA cruises it's been offered mid-cruise but only if package sales are slow.  

They know people who wait and sign up later of they allowed it longer.  

Thx!  This is our first 6 day, so it's a new experience 🙂

12 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Thx!  This is our first 6 day, so it's a new experience 🙂

But there is also the possibility that the on board price will be substantially more than buying it beforehand at a discount, especially if your cruise is next year since there is usually a discount around Black Friday.  The 6 day cost at a discount beforehand could be cheaper than buying it on day 2 on board.  Because of Royal's unique "dynamic pricing", you never know how much of a percentage discount there will be on your particular sailing.

19 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Also, on a related note, when is the last day a drink package is offered onboard, for a 6 night cruise?  Since Cococay and a sea day are at the end of our cruise, we are also open to picking up the drink package late in the game.

I think there have to be at least four days remaining in the cruise. But that might be outdated info now.