Drink prices on Cococay

yeah, I know I should probably post this on the other board, but it’s a ghost town.

Curious how much a coco loco is...  Also, do they still offer that “special” glass with a straw? 

also, how much is a beer, and do they offer Caribbean beers (like Pacifico?)

thx!

I’m confused how Pacífico named for the Pacific Ocean, brewed in Mazatlán on the shores of the Pacific and now owned by a Belgian-Brazilian company got to be a Caribbean beer. Mexican okay, but just because you can get it in Cozumel and Cancun doesn’t make it Caribbean. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Last time we cruised, drinks on its private islands are the same as on board. Yes, drink packages are honored on its private islands. Hope this continues. Having the drink package is great for us not having to trek back to the ship to eat or grab a drink! 

4 hours ago, DISFANS3 said:

Can you just use your drink package??

The prices for drinks are the same as on the ship and your drink package works.  However the drink package does not include drinks with souvenir glasses. The plastic cup and straw is a souvenir glass.  

Since this board has some people who have gone there can you answer a question that does not apply to drinks. We want to take our 7 year old grandson to the island. What are the cost for activites on the island? What things do not cost additional. We have been to Laberdee several times and so kind of understhand how it works but they have so much more here. Thank you for any information you can provide. 

1 hour ago, jcc1025 said:

Since this board has some people who have gone there can you answer a question that does not apply to drinks. We want to take our 7 year old grandson to the island. What are the cost for activites on the island? What things do not cost additional. We have been to Laberdee several times and so kind of understhand how it works but they have so much more here. Thank you for any information you can provide. 

Here's the RCI website showing what's available on CocoCay but you will need to go to your "My Cruise" account to find out specific pricing information, as it varies from cruise to cruise and during sales from time to time. As an example, I purchased a Thrill Waterpark Cabana for a group of 6 for $399 for the day which includes 6 waterpark passes for the entire day. The waterpark passes individually without a cabana was running about $80 per person for the day, so buying the cabana was a no brainer for us. Most, but not all, food venues are included. Drink packages are honored on CocoCay. Hope this helps! Cheers!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cococay-cruises

Edited by SilkySal
add

On 1/9/2021 at 6:47 AM, vacationlover_mn said:

yeah, I know I should probably post this on the other board, but it’s a ghost town.

Curious how much a coco loco is...  Also, do they still offer that “special” glass with a straw? 

also, how much is a beer, and do they offer Caribbean beers (like Pacifico?)

thx!

Prices are the same as on the ship, and the products are the same.  The private beaches are an extension of the ship.  Pacifico is not a Caribbean Beer, and I'm pretty sure it is not offered on the ship.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2021 at 2:53 PM, SilkySal said:

Here's the RCI website showing what's available on CocoCay but you will need to go to your "My Cruise" account to find out specific pricing information, as it varies from cruise to cruise and during sales from time to time. As an example, I purchased a Thrill Waterpark Cabana for a group of 6 for $399 for the day which includes 6 waterpark passes for the entire day. The waterpark passes individually without a cabana was running about $80 per person for the day, so buying the cabana was a no brainer for us. Most, but not all, food venues are included. Drink packages are honored on CocoCay. Hope this helps! Cheers!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cococay-cruises

Thanks, that what I was looking for. We are excited about going to the island. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jcc1025 said:

Thanks, that what I was looking for. We are excited about going to the island. 

Here is a link to the map that will show you all of the stuff offered.  prices will vary though because of Royal's Dynamic pricing.  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/perfect-day-at-cococay-wayfinding-map.pdf

On 1/9/2021 at 10:29 AM, TravelerThom said:

I’m confused how Pacífico named for the Pacific Ocean, brewed in Mazatlán on the shores of the Pacific and now owned by a Belgian-Brazilian company got to be a Caribbean beer. Mexican okay, but just because you can get it in Cozumel and Cancun doesn’t make it Caribbean. 

Same way that Sam Adams (old German brew master's recipe, originally brewed in an inherited and abandoned brewery in Cincinnati by the great great grandson of the original brew master) got to be a Boston beer - Marketing😁

35 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Same way that Sam Adams (old German brew master's recipe, originally brewed in an inherited and abandoned brewery in Cincinnati by the great great grandson of the original brew master) got to be a Boston beer - Marketing😁

It's also the same way that RC states that their pool on Coco Cay is the largest freshwater pool in the Caribbean.  (It's in the Bahamas, not the Caribbean.)

7 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

It's also the same way that RC states that their pool on Coco Cay is the largest freshwater pool in the Caribbean.  (It's in the Bahamas, not the Caribbean.)

They may have confused everyone if they had promoted it as the largest freshwater pool in the Atlantic ocean.😁 We were sitting having lunch on Coco Cay when a woman asked her husband how far it was from Coco Cay to the Bahamas - fortunately DW only whispered "it's about three feet" under her breath and not out loud😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/10/2021 at 12:59 PM, vacationlover_mn said:

So, getting back to my question- how much is a coco loco, and do they have beers like Pacifico on cococay 🙂. It’s been so long since I’ve been there- I have no idea 🙂

Don't worry about the drink prices. 🍹Just hand over your Sea Pass card and enjoy.  

• Like 1