For those living in the UK. When will cruises around Europe start again?

oskidunker

My thinking is before the US, but I am just guessing based on better vaccine distribution in the UK. Curious Queen Elizabeth no sailing until Dec. couldn't they use her for local cruises? Since they only have three ships one would think they would want to maximize revenue. I have two cruises on Victoria back to back oct 20. Norway and Canary islands. Hoping at least one goes. Have already booked air with miles. United offering many saver business awards now. Am looking at other lines for back ups if Cunard does not sail. Princess has a 7 day in that time frame if my first cruise 

34 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Curious Queen Elizabeth no sailing until Dec. couldn't they use her for local cruises?

For info, the QE should be sailing roundtrips from the UK to Europe from 14th June. From September the ship appears to be based in Barcelona with fly cruises from the UK. Then off to Australia in October.

Edited by Ray66

You are right. I am wrong. 

Cunard president Simon Palethorpe said:

“We are so sorry to all those guests who were due to sail on any of the cancelled voyages and for the disappointment this news will cause.  After very careful consideration and reviewing the latest guidance, we simply do not feel it would be sensible to start sailing again with our current schedule so we have reviewed future itineraries.

“Queen Elizabeth has returned to the UK and with ongoing uncertainty over the re-opening of many ports and countries, it is sadly not practical to continue her planned itineraries for 2021.

“Therefore, in addition to the pause in operations, all of Queen Elizabeth’s sailings due to depart between March 26, 2021 and December 13, 2021, in and around Australia, Japan and Alaska, will be cancelled.

“These voyages will be replaced with a programme of shorter duration European holidays ranging from three to 14 nights, departing from Southampton.  These will start at the end of March 2021, with a series of scenic voyages around the coast of Cornwall, the west coast of Ireland and the Scottish Isles. There will also be short breaks to Amsterdam which will include an overnight in the city, as well as voyages to northern and southern European destinations including Norway and the Iberian coast, with several of these itineraries featuring overnight city stays.

“Queen Elizabeth’s new programme will be completed with a series of seven and 14 night voyages in the Mediterranean, sailing from Barcelona.  It is an exciting new programme which I am sure will have great appeal.”

2 hours ago, oskidunker said:

My thinking is before the US, but I am just guessing based on better vaccine distribution in the UK. Curious Queen Elizabeth no sailing until Dec. couldn't they use her for local cruises? Since they only have three ships one would think they would want to maximize revenue. I have two cruises on Victoria back to back oct 20. Norway and Canary islands. Hoping at least one goes. Have already booked air with miles. United offering many saver business awards now. Am looking at other lines for back ups if Cunard does not sail. Princess has a 7 day in that time frame if my first cruise 

When you can travel to these places WITHOUT the need for any quarantine upon arrival. Dates TBD I suppose and/or when any EU travel restrictions against Americans are lifted I believe their are still some in place. And fwiw I would say US and UK are about even on vaccine rollout. With a very similar percentage of population having been done. Though you will likely be finished ahead of us we have had projections of November to offer vaccine to all who want it.

Edited by ace2542