mscdivina2016

15 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Is that February or April?

Mine is February........

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
CANCELED UPCOMING MSC FANTASIA SAILING

January 14, 2021

Dear Guest,

We want to make you aware of a change to your upcoming cruise on MSC Fantasia.

As the world continues to face challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic, MSC Cruises has been working with authorities in the Gulf region to review our operational proposal and comprehensive health and safety protocol that has proven effective in Europe and supported the restart of MSC Cruises’ operations in the Mediterranean since the middle of August.

Unfortunately, at this time, we have not received the necessary approvals required for the restart of operations in the Gulf, and therefore have no option but to cancel the planned cruises on MSC Fantasia for this winter, including the repositioning cruises that were set to depart from the region. Regrettably, this includes canceling your upcoming sailing on MSC Fantasia.

GUEST COMPENSATION

Guests booked through MSC Cruises USA and paid in full, will be provided a 125% Future Cruise Credit of the original cruise fare paid to be used on a sailing departing on or before April 30, 2022 and booked by December 31, 2021.

The Future Cruise Credit will be directly sent to the email we have on file for your reservation by January 31, 2021 so there is no need for you to do anything. Any applicable pre-paid items and government taxes and fees will be automatically refunded to your original form of payment. For any other expenses that you may have incurred, such as flights, hotels, or transport, please contact your travel advisor or airline.

Please note, due to the extraordinary circumstances related to the pandemic, we are currently processing a high volume of refunds and Future Cruise Credits, ultimately slowing down our normal refund process. We appreciate your patience as we aim to process refunds to prepaid items and government taxes and fees as quickly as possible.

Ah ... I thought it might have been the American way with the month first in the date.

It's so disappointing to see booked cruises being cancelled.  We had 2 last year and I'm not holding out hopes for our May booking this year.  I'm in the process of booking another for August (hope springs eternal lol) and we have another for October.  Fingers crossed we get to do at least one of them 🙄

• Like 1

19 hours ago, phissy said:

We booked cruises for late in the year. With slow roll out of vaccine etc, seemed like October and December seemed doable. Time will tell.

I hope that some of the ships will be able to sail again this summer, but certainly not all of them.  I think that Msc might sail in the Mediterranean and maybe in the Northern Europe. I do not think that anything outside of Europe will take place this year.

• Like 1

As time goes on, I become more and more pessimistic about the near-term future of global cruising. I'm setting my sights on 2022 and just assuming 2021 will be a repeat of 2020. I'm glad we're not invested in any of the cruise lines. Our next scheduled cruise is in July and I don't see that happening.

• Like 1

I’m sorry to say that you’re probably right, DCG.  We have 3 booked for this year and are very doubtful about any of them happening.  The only reason for booking anything for 2021 was having a voucher and 2 FCCs which had to be used for 2021 cruises so we’re hoping they can be re-used for 2022 if the sailings don’t go ahead this year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I’m sorry to say that you’re probably right, DCG.  We have 3 booked for this year and are very doubtful about any of them happening.  The only reason for booking anything for 2021 was having a voucher and 2 FCCs which had to be used for 2021 cruises so we’re hoping they can be re-used for 2022 if the sailings don’t go ahead this year. 

Yes, we're in a similar situation vis-à-vis cruise credits. We used the FCC from our cancelled cruise of May 2020 to book for July 2021. If that doesn't sail, our options may be limited. I believe the credit has to be used by December 2021. Perhaps they'll consider extending that.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Yes, we're in a similar situation vis-à-vis cruise credits. We used the FCC from our cancelled cruise of May 2020 to book for July 2021. If that doesn't sail, our options may be limited. I believe the credit has to be used by December 2021. Perhaps they'll consider extending that.

With the UK Government currently having a maybe date of Easter in order to relax the lockdown in England you would hope that MSC will extend the sail period from December 31st.