Lift, shift, and rebook question

phoenix_dream

If I lift and shift a cruise for whatever reason, but then later determine that the cruise is sailing and I would like to book a cabin, can I do that?  Someone told me I can't.  

I am not talking about reversing the lift and shift - I am talking about booking the cruise as if it were a new booking.  Hope this explanation makes sense.

According to the L&S rules you are not allowed to rebook the sailing you applied L&S to.   But I suspect they have no way of knowing.   For grins I'd reverse the first and second passenger.

Is there even a possibility of a sailing which was eligible for L&S still sailing with cancellations through April?

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

According to the L&S rules you are not allowed to rebook the sailing you applied L&S to.   But I suspect they have no way of knowing.   For grins I'd reverse the first and second passenger.

Is there even a possibility of a sailing which was eligible for L&S still sailing with cancellations through April?

Thanks for the input.   I was hoping they would extend lift and shift beyond April as many cruises past then won't sail.  

My opinion is they will not be extending it.   The the entire Cruise With Confidence program is not applicable to sailings past 5/4/2022.  I expected that the cruise I booked last week would be included in the price protection and cancel for FCC parts of the program as I had booked prior to the January deadline but reading further my sailing in Aug 2022 is not covered by any part of this program.

I would bet the proverbial dollars to donuts that the intended meaning of the language you quoted is focused on (as you said) reversing the Lift & Shift and going back to the original sailing.  I cannot imagine that they would try to prevent you from doing a new, independent booking on the old cruise.  Why?  To punish you for using L&S?  No way.

Tom & Judy

• Thanks 1

image.png.2155c17154f858d1c7ea27f1a7e72afb.png

Last bullet.   It's a mute point as I don't think there will be any L&S qualifying sailings which actually sail.    It is to protect themselves from someone with a good price on a 2021 cruise moving it to 2022 where prices are double and then rebooking at the low 2021 price.

In my example I had an Infinity 7 day S1 suite in Feb 2021 at $1599 pp which I did a legal L&S to March 2022 Reflection which was selling for over $3000 pp.   The current price on the original sailing was $1799 when I did the L&S.   If they allowed I would have rebooked the 2021 sailing and done another L&S to get a 2022 B2B on Reflection for real cheap.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 3:58 PM, wrk2cruise said:

The the entire Cruise With Confidence program is not applicable to sailings past 5/4/2022. 

Not True - See the following from Celebrity website:

New benefits and more flexibility up to 48 hours before you sail.

We know you’re looking forward to your next vacation, now more than ever. To give you more peace of mind in planning, we’ve enhanced Cruise with Confidence with more benefits: Flexible Cancelations, Lift & Shift, and Best Offer Guarantee. Take advantage of these benefits on any existing or new booking made before January 31, 2021.
If your sailing was impacted by our Global Cruising Suspension, you can also take advantage of our Cruise With Confidence benefits.

We're Extending Your Future Cruise Credits

All existing Future Cruise Certificates are now valid for use through April 30, 2022 on Celebrity Cruise sailings departing on or before September 30, 2022. That’s an extra 5 months of sailings to choose from.

Flexible Cancelations

You have up to 48 hours before you sail to cancel and receive 100% Future Cruise Credit to use toward any sailing through September 30, 2022.

I respectfully disagree.   If your sailing is eligible for the 48 hr cancellation and you cancel using the program you will be issued a FCC which must be used on a sailing prior to Sept 30, 2022.  It was a surprise to me.  I thought it applied to any sailing booked before the end of this month.

From the T&C at the bottom of the Cruise With Confidence page

"

Terms & Conditions

Celebrity Cruises’ “Cruise with Confidence” program allows individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before January 31, 2021, for cruises sailing between June 12, 2020 and May 4, 2022, to opt in for our “best price guarantee” on their current sailing or cancel their cruise reservation up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and have the option to either:  (i) opt-in to the Cruise with Confidence program and receive a Future Cruise Credit (a “CWC FCC”) equal to the amount of the cruise fare the guest paid to Celebrity for their cruise, or (ii)  move their booking to an eligible alternate sailing under our “Lift and Shift” program and receive our “best price guarantee” for the re-booked sailing. "

From the CwC FAQ page

What sailings qualify for Cruise with Confidence? 

All sailings (excluding chartered) through May 4, 2022, are included in the Cruise with Confidence program.

Edited by wrk2cruise

23 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I respectfully disagree.   If your sailing is eligible for the 48 hr cancellation and you cancel using the program you will be issued a FCC which must be used on a sailing prior to Sept 30, 2022.  It was a surprise to me.  I thought it applied to any sailing booked before the end of this month.

From the T&C at the bottom of the Cruise With Confidence page

"

Terms & Conditions

Celebrity Cruises’ “Cruise with Confidence” program allows individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before January 31, 2021, for cruises sailing between June 12, 2020 and May 4, 2022, to opt in for our “best price guarantee” on their current sailing or cancel their cruise reservation up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and have the option to either:  (i) opt-in to the Cruise with Confidence program and receive a Future Cruise Credit (a “CWC FCC”) equal to the amount of the cruise fare the guest paid to Celebrity for their cruise, or (ii)  move their booking to an eligible alternate sailing under our “Lift and Shift” program and receive our “best price guarantee” for the re-booked sailing. "

From the CwC FAQ page

What sailings qualify for Cruise with Confidence? 

All sailings (excluding chartered) through May 4, 2022, are included in the Cruise with Confidence program.

I read your previous posting "The the entire Cruise With Confidence program is not applicable to sailings past 5/4/2022." to mean that you were saying than no part of the CWC program was applicable to sailings past May.  Now I assume that you meant that portions of the program are not applicable past May - which is true.