When should I expect to receive my deposit refund.

Nashna

6 hours ago, Nashna said:

Our April Regatta cruise was cancelled on the 19th. Our $1500.00 deposit is to be refunded.  Has anyone had recent experience with Oceania refunds?  

I think the 60-day window for refunds applies to refunds after final payment.  We cancelled a December 2021 cruise early this month (January), well before the final payment was due, and our deposit was refunded in about a week.

Edited by 1985rz1

I know no one here is complaining. Just need to discuss.

Cancellations and refunds been a real struggle for the cruise lines. Their systems were never designed for refunds. And some of the accounting systems are quite complicated: deposits different than final payment, port fees and taxes a different department, pre paid excursion and La Reserve is separated, etc, etc, And then there is air fare they have to cancel..

Each amount had to be deduced, confirmed and accounted separately and manually, then refunds made for each of those back to the original form of payment. I had a on-board booking deposit. I had forgotten that was made on a different card than when I paid made final payment, or the yet again different card I used for La Reserve. And another for the custom air and deviation fee. So it took some time for them to finalize mine. I was not looking at the credit card I used for that on-board cruise certificate as I rarely use that card and do not get paper statement. O had refunded it but I thought I was still short as I was looking in the wrong place. In any case, it is these things that slow everyone's down, even if yours is simple my mess could be ahead of yours (sorry).

More recently I have a simple deposit to be converted to FCC for a cruise that the C/L (not O) cancelled in November.  They had "automated" the process in that the FCC is issued automatically if not responded to by Dec 31. From that is sounded like once the great computer updated all deposits not refunded, the FCCs will be added to one's account. An overnight computer run. A month later still no FCC for me. So I over anticipated their progress in getting these systems into place. They are still struggling.

For my O cruise I was credited back for the on-board deposit I purchase and have lost the benefit of that (i.e. best price guarantee). maybe not technically correct but not something I would bring up.

They have enough to do trying to keep the line alive and well (and manage their crew and life on board and putting ships in cold storage and taking them out and coming up with new season itineraries, ...) and with fewer staff to do the all this extra work. Meanwhile working out new protocols, dealing with changing regulations, restrictions, etc.  And the frustration of "bad press". A top of my hat to them all.

Stepping off my podium now

Edited by YoHoHo
  • Like 1

I have total sympathy for cruise line administrators these days.  It can't be easy.  Planning during this pandemic has been impossible.  I made my deposit in April 2020 assuming that our World would be back to normal one year later.  Cruise lines are facing unbearable stress from their investors, customers and crews. My disapointment in not sailing on my three cancelled cruises can't be compared to the devestation this pandemic has had on the cruise lines and their out-of-work crew members. Let's all hope and pray that the vacines currently being delivered allow us to return to normalcy as soon as possible.  

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

Update....

We received our deposit refund for our cancelled cruise yesterday.  Concidering the number of cruises that were cancelled, I am pleased that it only took six weeks as they did indicate it could be up to 60 days.