Single Cabins

Janet524

21 hours ago, jelayne said:

I think that Celebrity may have recognized that there is a market for single cabins and added them on the Edge and increased the number on the Apex.  So for those traveling solo who don't want to pay the double price with AI for the standard cabins these appear to be a reasonable option.  Size is about 75% of a regular  IV veranda and the price is about half that for 2 in a standard IV.  Granted they don't have suites, aqua or concierge class single staterooms but  do other cruise lines??

I believe you are correct.  Based on an earlier comment about a single cabin being almost as expensive as paying double on a regular cabin, I had to check.  Some of the Edge and Apex cruises did not have any availability, but I checked some of the new releases.  I saw some Infinity balcony single cabins that were priced at less than one person in a regular infinity balcony, so it is obviously an option for some solo cruisers.  I would guess that Celebrity would prefer that single people cruise in those cabins.  (Due to extra spend per person)
It is clear from this discussion that some solo cruisers are more than willing to pay the solo supplement for a lot of good reasons.  
I agree it is good for Celebrity to offer this option as it would be a good option for those that are more price conscience and who are willing to settle for the categories (inside and infinity) that are available.

21 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Judging by comments on numerous threads since the introduction of Always Included, solo cruisers who had long ago accepted the rationale for paying a 2-passenger rate for their cabin can neither understand nor willingly accept Celebrity's decision to charge a 2-passenger rate for AI. It particularly hard to swallow for those who in the past only paid 1 x gratuities and now must pay for 2 x (gratuities + beverage package + wifi).

Frankly, I think Celebrity is too lazy to do the math.  Or they don't really want solo cruisers.  Or they think we're stupid and can't figure out that they're charging us twice for all these "extras."  I get their having to charge twice for the cabin.  The rest of it is hogwash.  As a formerly loyal customer (I have approximately 300 nights with them), I'm starting to branch out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Frankly, I think Celebrity is too lazy to do the math.  Or they don't really want solo cruisers.  Or they think we're stupid and can't figure out that they're charging us twice for all these "extras

Once I use up my FCC with Celebrity, back to Princess I go. Unless, of course, they stop charging us solo cruiser double for everything. 

• Like 1