Back to "Default Itinerary" :(

LCfromFL

image.png.690234a8ba1c24600603787ac9b832f3.png

<sad little sigh> When I booked this Alaskan cruise as my 'third time's a charm' after two previous cancellations, I was sooooo hopeful. I wasn't sure that the Alaskan season would open this year - but, as they say, hope springs eternal. Then Canada issued their ruling. Again, I was holding out hope that they would change their position and somehow through vaccines or herd immunity sailings would resume by late summer/early fall. But my booking is now showing "Default Itinerary Name" which was the precursor to the cancellations. Again. <sad little sigh> 

So how many of you are kicking yourselves for taking that FCC when first offered? I know that we are. 

• Like 1

We have a October 17 Alaska sailing booked so I just went and looked and it is the same default itinerary. That's not good at all, I wish they would just cancel it if they are going to so I can plan something else. 

Many of us are feeling the same pain. NCL had no idea Canada was going to pull the wool out from under them, so to speak. I am concerned for the people in Alaska (and other places) who rely on cruise tourism to earn a living. Here's to hoping the end to this nightmare is here sooner rather than later.  🙏  

• Like 2

My August Alaska has been saying this since they canceled May's ships.  Not officially canceled quite yet as they search of alternatives for the one Canadian stop.  Time will tell, but it's not looking good.  This was my replacement for my February cruise that was canceled. 

Maybe NCL is in process of either cancelling the cruise OR hopefully changing the itinerary....

The latter happened to one or 2 of our past cruises ... the default itinerary showed up while they were changing the itinerary then the new itinerary showed up after a few days.

Fingers crossed 🤞 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Maybe NCL is in process of either cancelling the cruise OR hopefully changing the itinerary....

The latter happened to one or 2 of our past cruises ... the default itinerary showed up while they were changing the itinerary then the new itinerary showed up after a few days.

Fingers crossed 🤞 

This is their statement from 12th February.

2021 Alaska Cruises

Following The Government of Canada’s Interim Order which calls for the suspension of passenger cruising in Canadian waters through February 2022, we will temporarily halt the acceptance of bookings for our 2021 Alaska season. At this time we have not cancelled any voyages in our 2021 Alaska season and are currently exploring several initiatives that may allow such cruises to continue.

We are working through all available options as quickly as possible, and given the fluidity of the current environment, we will also continue to work with the Canadian government to amend the current suspension. We will continue to keep all travel partners and guests updated as the situation progresses, and we thank them for their patience.

41 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Fingers crossed 🤞 

Can they just change the itinerary...and expect those who are booked on it to just accept the changes...?  Or does it become an entirely new cruise that would need to be entirely rebooked...?  

16 minutes ago, Yo Adrienne said:

Can they just change the itinerary...and expect those who are booked on it to just accept the changes...?  Or does it become an entirely new cruise that would need to be entirely rebooked...?  

If it’s a new itinerary the booked pax should prolly have the option to accept it or cancel. 

Let’s see in a week’s time ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

This is their statement from 12th February.

2021 Alaska Cruises

Following The Government of Canada’s Interim Order which calls for the suspension of passenger cruising in Canadian waters through February 2022, we will temporarily halt the acceptance of bookings for our 2021 Alaska season. At this time we have not cancelled any voyages in our 2021 Alaska season and are currently exploring several initiatives that may allow such cruises to continue.

We are working through all available options as quickly as possible, and given the fluidity of the current environment, we will also continue to work with the Canadian government to amend the current suspension. We will continue to keep all travel partners and guests updated as the situation progresses, and we thank them for their patience.

And all Alaska cruises have been removed from the NCL website for the 2021 season. 

6 hours ago, jetact said:

We have a October 17 Alaska sailing booked so I just went and looked and it is the same default itinerary. That's not good at all, I wish they would just cancel it if they are going to so I can plan something else. 

Why can't you still plan.  You know the cruise isn't going to happen.  And when NCL cancels, you are ready.✌️