NCL Jade - Balcony Size?

teacherman

I am looking at deck plans for the Jade.  Specifically, on deck 10, it says that a Balcony stateroom  (not Family or Sail Away) ranges from 200-289 Sq Ft and the balcony itself ranges from 38 - 61 sq ft.  These seem like large differences in size.  Do any of you know where the larger ones are located?  I do see on pictures that some of the balconies for the suites on deck 11 seem to overhang the balconies on deck 10.  Does this have anything to do with the desirability of being on deck 10?  Any information/advice is welcome.  This is for a cruise next January (2022), which I hope will actually happen.

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

The only staterooms that have a significant larger balcony are the aft facing balconies.  Most others on the port or starboard are very much the same. 

Correct, but for the OP, here's a bit more info re the aft-facing balconies:  the aft-facing staterooms on Deck 10 have the largest balconies (deeper).  (Same is true for the aft-facing Penthouse Suites on that deck.)  Deck 10 also has the advantage of having staterooms above and below you. 

The regular balcony cabins along the port and starboard sides are indeed pretty much the same. The prices vary because of their location, not size. 

Here's a closeup showing aft-facing cabins on the Jade.  The woman in the center of the photo is standing on the balcony of 10668.

enhance

(photo by turtles06)

• Like 2

That does not really answer the OP questions.  When you click on the balcony tab for BA and BF it shows the range of size for the total square feet and the balcony square feet.

If you look at the forward BF on deck 8 the curve of the ship reduces the size of the cabin and balcony. This is only a guess as to the answer.

1 hour ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

That does not really answer the OP questions.  

Really?  The OP asked where the larger balconies are located.  Comments 2 and 3 answered that question.  If you have another answer, I'm sure the OP would appreciate your supplying it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

(Same is true for the aft-facing Penthouse Suites on that deck.)

Exactly, and I should have mentioned the deck 10 difference @Turtles06.  I remember years ago you shared that tasty bit with me when I was upgrading to the aft PHs.  

Thanks again for your tips, always appreciated.  

Now, if only you could help me with my Ancestry... 🤣

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Really?  The OP asked where the larger balconies are located.  Comments 2 and 3 answered that question.  If you have another answer, I'm sure the OP would appreciate your supplying it. 

As I read it she was confused because when you choose deck 10 and then click on the balcony cabin (BF) it shows a size range on that deck.  Actually it shows the exact same size range on all the decks that have BF balconies.  Where you find the smaller of the size range is on Deck 8.

I did not think they were asking about aft facing balcony cabins and specifically not the family or sail-a-way.

I was just trying to give them perspective on where smaller BF balcony cabins were and that all the BF balcony cabins on deck 10 should be the same size.

I am sorry if I offended you.  

23 hours ago, teacherman said:

deck 10, it says that a Balcony stateroom  (not Family or Sail Away) ranges from 200-289 Sq Ft and the balcony itself ranges from 38 - 61 sq ft.  These seem like large differences in size.  Do any of you know where the larger ones are located?  I do see on pictures that some of the balconies for the suites on deck 11 seem to overhang the balconies on deck 10.  Does this have anything to do with the desirability of being on deck 10?  Any information/advice is welcome.  This is for a cruise next January (2022), which I hope will actually happen.

So, to be specific since there is some question as to whether the OP @teachman's questions have been answered.  Hopefully they have but here's another try: 

Since @teachman is looking for information specifically about the balcony cabins themselves and balcony size too, the answer given in post #2 is correct.  Post #3 further explains why.  The balconies themselves are larger on deck 10. The deck plans can be a bit deceptive when referring to the size of the cabins (only handicap balconies ie. those on deck 9 - 9148 , 9150 etc.) 

Do any of you know where the larger ones are located? 
Yes, deck 10 aft, unless you require an HC cabin. 

I do see on pictures that some of the balconies for the suites on deck 11 seem to overhang the balconies on deck 10.

Overhang is very slight and has no negative impact on deck 10 balconies.    

Any information/advice is welcome: 

I've cruised on the Jade and the Pearl and really enjoy the size of these ships.  They're very easily navigated with some wonderful venues.  We loved the Great Outdoors on deck 13, great buffet for breakfast, lunch and afternoon scones and tea/beverage of choice.  Just 1 of the many great
spots to relax and enjoy your cruise. (Pearl, Gem, Jade & Jewel)

Hope you enjoy your cruise. 

3 hours ago, teacherman said:

I thank each of you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.  We have booked a mid ship balcony  on deck 10 for a 12 night cruise out of Cape Town, S. Africa for January, 2022.  We hope it actually happens.

Can't go wrong with that location.  Cabins above and below you.  

• Like 1

An odd drawback to a small balcony arose on my Jade trip. A lonely neighbor often stuck his head around the partition to chat. With a bigger balcony he wouldn't be so in your face, and might be fended off with a brief wave. It was strange to meet him ashore one day and find he was accompanied by a spouse.