Cruise Line Drink Packages

OK .... Just talking about the mainstream lines (CCL, HAL, Princess, RCL, Celebrity, NCL, MSC), Which cruise line or lines have the lowest drink package?

With all the new promos, it is virtually impossible to know. Some include everything, some charge gratuities, some don't include coffees, soda .. a real hodge-podge.

Please help!

On 2/20/2021 at 2:20 PM, Empehi said:

OK .... Just talking about the mainstream lines (CCL, HAL, Princess, RCL, Celebrity, NCL, MSC), Which cruise line or lines have the lowest drink package?

With all the new promos, it is virtually impossible to know. Some include everything, some charge gratuities, some don't include coffees, soda .. a real hodge-podge.

Please help!

It's going to vary by cruise line and probably also by sailing. I would suggest that you first decide which itinerary you want to take and then comparison shop from there based on the fare plus the drink package. I know how much we're going to spend on drinks so it's easy for me to decide if a drink package is worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

A thought on Drink Packages...

Cost... for us the price of $89 Aus per person per day   is very dear... particularly is you do a 13 night cruise..  $2314 for the cruise.... compare that to our maximum on board account which includes drinks $1800   so on a cost basis  no way...

How you buy drinks..... and what you buy...

if you buy cocktails and drink though the day... it could work well

But for us.. pre-dinner drinks and bottle of wine with our meals,  much easier without package.. one issue at dinner the length of time to get another glass of wine... Also you can take the unfinished bottle to your room and enjoy it with some cheese after dinner,  or lunch the next day....

So it is not just cost, but convenience as well...

But it is each to his own....

• 2 months later...
On 2/22/2021 at 6:30 PM, CineGraphic said:

Princess has the best deal. $40 extra per day over the basic fare for drinks, wifi and gratuities. Right now they are also throwing in a free specialty dinner.

Celebrity I can upgrade to premium for $12/day. DH is mostly a domestic beer drinker so doesn't pay to upgrade him...