Thinking about booking a Regent cruise in summer 2022

wwinfl91

Hi, we are looking at booking a Regent cruise in summer, 2022. We have been sailing on Celebrity in their suites but have also sailed on Seabourn a couple of times. I've been on over 40 cruises and my wife and I have done 21 cruises since 2011. We are looking at a cruise on the Voyager leaving from Iceland and ending up in either Copenhagen or in London. Regent says on their web site they include business class flights for suites. Is this all of them or only the more expensive ones? Will they allow you to fly in early to spend some time in our case in Iceland before boarding the cruise or do you have to fly the day you will board the cruise? While I am not an alcoholic, I do enjoy a glass of wine or a cocktail. From what I can tell  Regent includes those in their fares. Do they also include bottled water? My wife drinks a lot of water for her health and we have begun buying beverage packages on Celebrity but only if they include unlimited bottled water. One of the things we really liked about our 2 Seabourn cruises was how good their housekeeping and dining room staff were. How does Regent's compare for those of you who have done both?

I know this is a lot of questions but this will probably be only the first of many if we decide to book.

Have a great next cruise.

Business class air if offered for all suites (or you can take a credit and book your own).

If you do come in early or leave later, you would have to pay for a deviation which is $175 per person. That would also give you the chance to ask for your preferred airline and itinerary.

Alcohol is included (except premium brands), and you can drink all the water you want.

We have been on both Regent and Seabourn, and overall prefer Regent. Service is comparable on both lines, but IMO Regent has much better selection and variety of food, especially in Compass Rose (main dining room).

Yes, Regent is quite similar to Seabourn in terms of personalized service, dining service and amenities in general.  At least pre-pandemic, Regent had apparently done away with bottled water, having a system of refillable bottles and a fancy filtration system--who knows what will happen with that post-pandemic.  You'll find the beverage systems much like Seabourn--you can have pretty much what you like to drink, whenever you want it.

Thanks for the replies. I think I figured out the air included or not. VTG is advertising prices $3000 less per person but that is without air. Regent site is $3000 higher but includes business class air Until a couple of years ago I always flew regular commercial but then I happened to get a great deal on business class on RCL's cruise air from Venice to St Louis and it spoiled us. Makes the cruises cost a lot more but for long flights it is worth it. We are also looking at the shorter 12 day version of this cruise that leaves from Iceland and ends in Copenhagen, We have been to St Petersburg before for 3 days on the Seabourn Pride where we got to dock on the English embankment instead of out at the cruise ship port which saved 45 minutes to an hour travel time back and forth. I'm not sure how small a ship has to be to dock down there.

In general terms, Regent will dock as far as possible from civilization. Berths near lumberyards or piles of scrap metal take priority. Often, unknown biomasses floating in the water near the ship are an added bonus.

PS...I am joking....mostly.

Edited by Pcardad

7 hours ago, Pcardad said:

In general terms, Regent will dock as far as possible from civilization. Berths near lumberyards or piles of scrap metal take priority. Often, unknown biomasses floating in the water near the ship are an added bonus.

PS...I am joking....mostly.

Ah yes, I remember waking up in Szczecin, Poland to and all-woman marching band wearing skimpy costumes playing Michale Jackson hits in front of mountains of aluminum ingots. Such a sight!

• 3 weeks later...

We did book Regent Voyager for a 12 day cruise Reykjavik to Copenhagen in July 2022. I originally booked directly with Regent and will be switching the booking over to a TA today because the TA is offering a bonus for switching to them as well as promising better service. Has anyone else done the switch and how did it work out?

On 2/22/2021 at 4:35 PM, mj_holiday said:

The included business fare also includes transfers.  A Travel Agent experienced with Regents can make sure you know what transfers and when you get them based on deviations etc.

Usually this information is given out the moment you make a purchase or discuss the details of the cruise with your agent. If you have any question you can always ask online or give them a call 

wwinfl91:

All of our "switching" experiences have been while on a Regent cruise.  The Cruise Consultant completed the initial paperwork (to include taking our deposit).  Then, that booking was transferred at our request to our TA--an individual with first-hand extensive experience onboard all Regent ships-- except Splendor. 

(We were scheduled to be on Splendor--March 14, 2020 with that TA and the TA's spouse--for a cruise from San Diego to Miami.  Alas, canceled on March 13th while we were waiting at Regent's San Diego hotel.)    

Anyway:  The process has always been simple and seamless.  Gave my TA the heads-up as to the future cruise via email.  The TA confirmed via email the next day that the booking was, in fact, on that Agency's books. 

Hopefully, this process can be repeated after the current COVID crisis has passed and we are at Barcelona on October 30th awaiting boarding Mariner on the 31st.  Still hold out some hope for this.    

Dual benefit doing a future booking this way:  Get a discount on the cruise cost when booking onboard; then benefit from additional OBCs and other benefits provided by our TA.  

Cannot speak to your exact situation, as we have never initially booked directly while on dry land with any cruise company.  Have never heard from others that they had a problem with this procedure.  If there have been same, no doubt others will contribute their experiences to this Thread.   

GOARMY!

Thanks for the replies. I called yesterday and left the information with the Regent agent I talked with who said she would  make the change but I haven't seen anything from Regent or my TA yet. Have a great next cruise.