Junior Suite vs Grand Suite on Voyager Class.

Question - Looking at a few different cruises, saw one that peaked our interest. We have never done full suite before, but have sailed a few Jr Suites.

Would a $1400 bump in cost be worth it to move to a Grand suite on a Voyager Class ship on a 4-5-6 night cruise?

I know this will be totally subjective, but for those that have sailed both Junior Suites and above, would that extra cost be worth it ? 

If not, what is your break point to jump up to the next suite level?

Thanks for your help?

The main perk of being in a full suite (non-Oasis/Quantum class) for us is the ability to eat breakfast in Chops (or whatever specialty restaurant it happens to be on that ship).  There is also the "happy" hour in the Suites Lounge in the evenings but this is really not that important for us.  So whatever $$ amount makes it worth having a nice, quiet place to have breakfast is what we consider.  The extra space in the suite is also a very big factor in our decision.

• Like 1

I have seen JS almost always cruise GS that’s a lot of money for perks offered , do like ones mentioned also like reserved seats for shows in the normally crowded ice show and great seats by pool and concierge walks you off at end of the cruise.

I tend to prefer the full suites not only for the additional space in the rooms, which make the trips far more relaxing, but also for being able to eat breakfast and not having to fight the crowd in the Windjammer.  There are some other perks that you may or may not enjoy, getting priority departure is also a nice one.

Enjoy.

• Like 2

Just now, HicksRA said:

If it’s $1400 pp, that sounds a little too steep to be worth it to me. $1400 for a couple would be reasonable.  
You could take that extra $1400 and buy DX drink pkg and DX dining pkg for less which would be much better than the advantage of a full suite imo. 

2 hours ago, HicksRA said:

If it’s $1400 pp, that sounds a little too steep to be worth it to me. $1400 for a couple would be reasonable.  
You could take that extra $1400 and buy DX drink pkg and DX dining pkg for less which would be much better than the advantage of a full suite imo. 

Or you could buy another cruise.  🙂

• Like 1