Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

Guest BigRoger
9 minutes ago, *Fudge* said:

Is it just the complimentary bistro and Windjammer that are closed in the evenings then? All other food and drink places are open, Vintages, the burger place etc?

Hiya vintages is now a cross wine/ gin bar on Anthem (emphasising in their sell the gin bar aspect)…. But following the ‘operational issues’ we had with Izumi - except for solarium bistro and windjammer if capacity is low everything else is open…. MDR, chops, Jamie’s, Izumi, 270, sorrentos, Johnny rockets etc

1 hour ago, BigRoger said:

Hiya vintages is now a cross wine/ gin bar on Anthem (emphasising in their sell the gin bar aspect)…. But following the ‘operational issues’ we had with Izumi - except for solarium bistro and windjammer if capacity is low everything else is open…. MDR, chops, Jamie’s, Izumi, 270, sorrentos, Johnny rockets etc

Hi, thank you.  Our cruise is a couple of weeks away yet and out of school hols, no idea how many may be on it.  

We sailed on the first cruise on 7th July , 4 nights out of Southampton no stops. Amazing cruise and was brilliant from start to finish from PCR test to getting back in the car to go home. We have just booked for the 15th October and are looking forward to it. Travelling down from Liverpool to come back up will seem strange! But we will be able to have our children meet up so we can show them the ship.  Are we now allowed off without having to take an RCL excursion? Just me and DW so no kids.

5 minutes ago, Roybthered said:

Are we now allowed off without having to take an RCL excursion?

At the moment yes, hopefully things won’t change again before next month. We’re on the 6 night sailing the week before you and looking forward to getting off and doing our own thing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, legospice said:

Does anyone know if there is draught lager onboard?

I've looked through the app and can only see draught cider mentioned in one of the bars, no mention of draught lager or beer at all, only bottles.

Definitely draught available in all bars. I should know, hubby drinks enough of it when on board! 😄

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2021 at 3:29 PM, xxHadleyxx said:

Those of you who had people in your travel party who had to get the antigen test at port, was the "resigtration" for that just the QR code that came from the trustone email address (and has a link to go into eurofins and book your pcr test)?   You didn't have to scheduel a certian time or anything?

(the rockstar agent who just spent nearly two hours on the phone with me thinks that is it, and it seems like it might well be, and PHEW if it is, but I would like

to hear from someone familiar with the UK cruises to confirm.  Thanks.

Yes. As soon as you get to the port, people direct you to another door with your children. Inside they register using the trustone QR code you should have already. Quick swab up both nostrils and then send you to check in. After 20-30 mins you should get results back. If not you sit in an area and wait. Once results back a person there will do final check in and off you go. If longer then 40 mins then chase as we had to.

7 minutes ago, johnnylikely said:

Onboard next Sunday- just booked, any idea when I get the covid test booking link?

Also, are there any shows? Spectra's cabaret or Broadway musical etc x

You should have had it 14 days before your boarding date. Check your spam folder as well as any other email account you have used. Ours went to wifes email for some reason. If your boarding next sunday you should need to get a teat booked for this thur coming. 

Shows ,spectras cabaret was fantastic as well as graffiti classics. The main show is we will rock you, but we didnt go as two hours long. Too much for us.

Ah just re-read it, should have covid test details soon

Edited by FamilyCruiserUK

22 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

You should have had it 14 days before your boarding date. Check your spam folder as well as any other email account you have used. Ours went to wifes email for some reason. If your boarding next sunday you should need to get a teat booked for this thur coming. 

Shows ,spectras cabaret was fantastic as well as graffiti classics. The main show is we will rock you, but we didnt go as two hours long. Too much for us.

Ah just re-read it, should have covid test details soon

Thx! Yeah I love the shows, i just couldn't see it on the app!

8 hours ago, Roybthered said:

We sailed on the first cruise on 7th July , 4 nights out of Southampton no stops. Amazing cruise and was brilliant from start to finish from PCR test to getting back in the car to go home. We have just booked for the 15th October and are looking forward to it. Travelling down from Liverpool to come back up will seem strange! But we will be able to have our children meet up so we can show them the ship.  Are we now allowed off without having to take an RCL excursion? Just me and DW so no kids.

Last week on Celebrity Silhouette we were allowed off on our own. We were in Liverpool on Bank Holiday Monday and it was very crowded in the Prince Albert Dock area . Difficult to social distance 

3 hours ago, johnnylikely said:

Onboard next Sunday- just booked, any idea when I get the covid test booking link?

Also, are there any shows? Spectra's cabaret or Broadway musical etc x

I booked last minute on Celebrity,  sister line to RC and they use the same eurofins set up. After a few days and not receiving the links i phoned the call centre and the very helpful agent kept me on the line whilst she sent me the links. Not sure if they would of been sent automatically for late bookings 

4 minutes ago, *Fudge* said:

Does any know about the drink package on board at the moment please.  The website says premium drinks, cocktails etc then the small print says up to $12 but on the app menus most cocktails are $14.  

TIA

The DP will include standard cocktails but not the more expensive premium ones

8 minutes ago, *Fudge* said:

99% are premium according to the app  😂 

Really?? I’ve got a DP on my 9th October sailing. It was included in my original booking back in December 2018 for October 2020 which was then L&S’d to this October. I’ve not actually looked that closely at what’s included, however, standard cocktails usually are. I shall be most disappointed if they’re not!

1 hour ago, *Fudge* said:

Does any know about the drink package on board at the moment please.  The website says premium drinks, cocktails etc then the small print says up to $12 but on the app menus most cocktails are $14.  

TIA

For sailings departing the UK - the menu prices include all taxes/gratuities, hence they are priced higher than those on ships based elsewhere like the USA where these need to be added on after the price shown.

Because of this, the limit for drinks as part of deluxe drinks package (or diamond vouchers) on UK voyages is $14 instead of $12\$13!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ukrccl_a said:

For sailings departing the UK - the menu prices include all taxes/gratuities, hence they are priced higher than those on ships based elsewhere like the USA where these need to be added on after the price shown.

Because of this, the limit for drinks as part of deluxe drinks package (or diamond vouchers) on UK voyages is $14 instead of $12\$13!

Smashing, I’ll keep my fingers crossed 😄 🤞

Onboard now.

90 of us are from outside the UK.  Even with having to do the antigen test at the terminal we were on the ship within 30 minutes of arrival.  Everything went super smoothly.

Only 33 kids on this sailing...10 under age 3.

Dancing is allowed... they're putting spotlights on the dance floor and each couple had to dance in their own little light bubble 😂

Crew is amazing. Ship is beautiful.   Passengers are nice.  Food is delicious.  Life is good 

• Like 9