Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

11 hours ago, sgmn said:

We went on our first Celebrity (Silhouette) a couple of weeks ago. Normally we cruise RC.

Liked…..

Disliked ……

Summary,  we enjoyed the cruise and would sail again on Celebrity if the cruise and price were right 

Thanks so much for all the information….that’s all very helpful.

• Like 1

Hi ConnieTact - we couldn't decide either so are doing boyh!!  Both sailings had a good price drop so may as well. Both childcare good i  their own way. For Anthem just going with m y 11yr old as I think he'll love it. Silhouette will be with hubby and son and think it won't have as much for children. It will be classy family trip, and mainly for chilling.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, panamapd said:

Hi ConnieTact - we couldn't decide either so are doing boyh!!  Both sailings had a good price drop so may as well. Both childcare good i  their own way. For Anthem just going with m y 11yr old as I think he'll love it. Silhouette will be with hubby and son and think it won't have as much for children. It will be classy family trip, and mainly for chilling.

Hi Panamapd

Good for you! We just came back from two U.K. sailings with Virtuosa so this is our third since July! So we had best save some time to get some worktime in!! 😅😂

The thing is, we only feel happy with U.K. sailings at present and not ready to fly yet so are rather keen to get some in before the ships leave U.K. for the winter!

As you said, the prices are so good it’s almost rude not to go!!! 😂🤣

have fun! As you said I’m sure your 11 year old will have a fab time!

46 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

Sorry….does that mean if we don’t have a package then then the prices are in full and don’t get added with the tip? 

Yes, on UK sailings the price you see is the actual price you pay, tip is already included.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, gavvy said:

Has anyone received the Testing email yet to book the pre-departure tests for the October 9 sailing, or is it too soon? Should arrive soon I think

Ours for 2nd Oct sailing came last Tuesday afternoon so probably anytime now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gavvy said:

Has anyone received the Testing email yet to book the pre-departure tests for the October 9 sailing, or is it too soon? Should arrive soon I think

It is usually 12-14 days before your cruise, we sailed on 7th July and it came 14 days before and it was easy to log on and book. We are on the 15th Oct sailing and cant wait. We have booked the drinks package and the UDP as we had it on the July sailing. It is worth it in MHO as the specialty restaurants are a little more intimate, as to the drinks package if you like your specialty coffee in the morning, and more than 5 drinks throughout the day and night then it is worth the money as it would cost around 24-26 dollars for a couple of glasses of wine. that all adds up and you might get a bit of a shock at the end of the cruise when the bill is delivered to your stateroom. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Roybthered said:

It is usually 12-14 days before your cruise, we sailed on 7th July and it came 14 days before and it was easy to log on and book. We are on the 15th Oct sailing and cant wait. We have booked the drinks package and the UDP as we had it on the July sailing. It is worth it in MHO as the specialty restaurants are a little more intimate, as to the drinks package if you like your specialty coffee in the morning, and more than 5 drinks throughout the day and night then it is worth the money as it would cost around 24-26 dollars for a couple of glasses of wine. that all adds up and you might get a bit of a shock at the end of the cruise when the bill is delivered to your stateroom. 

Ok. We got the email for the October 9th sailing but we cancelled August 9th!  Royal tells me they know we cancelled but they still owe us money.   Concerned. 

5 hours ago, gavvy said:

I asked the same question on the roll call yesterday but haven’t received any response lol. I’m hoping we get the email soon, I want to get the test booked. Looking at the testing centres on the Eurofins website, there’s only one within easy travelling distance from me and I can only do the Wednesday afternoon. I work until 2pm every day, I’ve got a prior appointment on Thursday afternoon and Friday is cutting it too fine! 

29 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

I asked the same question on the roll call yesterday but haven’t received any response lol. I’m hoping we get the email soon, I want to get the test booked. Looking at the testing centres on the Eurofins website, there’s only one within easy travelling distance from me and I can only do the Wednesday afternoon. I work until 2pm every day, I’ve got a prior appointment on Thursday afternoon and Friday is cutting it too fine! 

Just received the email lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mike.S said:

We're due to sail on Anthem on the 15th October , not able to select a boarding time yet, are we alone in this or is Royal making us wait?

For the 9th I was able to book mine in mid aug when I made the booking, not sure why yours will be any different.

12 hours ago, Mike.S said:

We're due to sail on Anthem on the 15th October , not able to select a boarding time yet, are we alone in this or is Royal making us wait?

Hi. 
Due to sail on 25th October. Completed first part of check in with details but can’t select boarding time and no email info received for testing. 
No unlimited dining package that I can see and drinks package £54 each per day - just wondering is that similar to other sailing dates?

23 hours ago, Mike.S said:

We are on the same cruise and are still getting "we are not quite ready" on the App, am not too concerned yet but keep trying. 

On 9/21/2021 at 11:18 AM, gavvy said:

I haven't received anything from Royal about my test yet, should I be worried?

I would call, but the wait time for someone to answer seems to be about 40 minutes