Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

I really wish Royal Caribbean had a cool weather ship like Anthem over wintering either in UK or Med and doing cruises to the Canaries .  As we go into autumn and winter it would be so nice to enjoy some warm weather without having to fly to the Caribbean, Florida or Middle East.

Other cruise lines do it and seeing how popular Anthem is just doing sailcations around the UK in October,  I'm sure in this current covid world people would book cruises during the winter to the warmth of the Canaries, so they don't have to navigate covid protocols to far flung country's just to get some sunshine.  Its too late for this winter,  but if anyone attends the captains corner could you ask the question if there's any plans for year round cruises from Europe in the future.

Thanks 

Sue

Edited by sgmn

1 hour ago, gavvy said:

On another forum its being reported there are 1800 on sat and then over 2000 on the next few sailings, so it may be busy!

We are getting on Sat (negative test permitting) and have heard the same. Still should not be too crowded though although the forecast is bad so expecting everyone to be inside.

45 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I really wish Royal Caribbean had a cool weather ship like Anthem over wintering either in UK or Med and doing cruises to the Canaries .  As we go into autumn and winter it would be so nice to enjoy some warm weather without having to fly to the Caribbean, Florida or Middle East.

Other cruise lines do it and seeing how popular Anthem is just doing sailcations around the UK in October,  I'm sure in this current covid world people would book cruises during the winter to the warmth of the Canaries, so they don't have to navigate covid protocols to far flung country's just to get some sunshine.  Its too late for this winter,  but if anyone attends the captains corner could you ask the question if there's any plans for year round cruises from Europe in the future.

Thanks 

Sue

Yes, we'd certainly do a Canaries trip after Christmas this winter, DH has even been looking at P&O!

We don't normally do Captains Corner but will see if we hear anything.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NightWoman said:

Curious 🤔 how does the person on the other forum know the passenger numbers for forthcoming cruises? 

They are currently onboard doing b2b2b, and have been talking to senior staff. Of course it may vary a bit with people's test results but a general picture.

12 minutes ago, little britain said:

Surely MSC from Dubai is a better deal?! Anything but the P word!!!!

Yes, I'm thinking MSC YC in the med, not sure about Dubai, wouldn't want to be stuck there if we had to quarantine. Just read your comment out to Mark and he laughed 😅

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thanks 

Sue

We usually do a land based holiday somewhere hot over New Year. I’d absolutely love it if Royal did a Canaries cruise that time of year, we’d be first in line to book.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kernow said:

They are currently onboard doing b2b2b, and have been talking to senior staff. Of course it may vary a bit with people's test results but a general picture.

I see, thanks for this. 

We are going on the 2nd October sailing and it's more than I expected. 

I just hope it's not like MSC was in August 🙄

18 minutes ago, NightWoman said:

I see, thanks for this. 

We are going on the 2nd October sailing and it's more than I expected. 

I just hope it's not like MSC was in August 🙄

@kernow and I were both on MSc in June and it was excellent.

And we are also on 2/10 Anthem!  
1800 is more than I’d like having just come back from Apex with 900 …. But I guess we will never have an opportunity like this again to enjoy less than 50% capacity on Anthem 

• Like 1