Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

30 minutes ago, xxHadleyxx said:

Onboard now.

90 of us are from outside the UK.  Even with having to do the antigen test at the terminal we were on the ship within 30 minutes of arrival.  Everything went super smoothly.

Only 33 kids on this sailing...10 under age 3.

Dancing is allowed... they're putting spotlights on the dance floor and each couple had to dance in their own little light bubble 😂

Crew is amazing. Ship is beautiful.   Passengers are nice.  Food is delicious.  Life is good 

Looks like you may have the weather as well. Sitting at home in garden after getting off yesterday, and its blue skies and going to be 27c.......if only had it last week.

Have a great time

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, xxHadleyxx said:

Onboard now.

90 of us are from outside the UK.  Even with having to do the antigen test at the terminal we were on the ship within 30 minutes of arrival.  Everything went super smoothly.

Dancing is allowed... they're putting spotlights on the dance floor and each couple had to dance in their own little light bubble 😂

Crew is amazing. Ship is beautiful.   Passengers are nice.  Food is delicious.  Life is good 

WOW! Keep us updated! Onboard this Sunday!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, xxHadleyxx said:

Onboard now.

Sounds great, do you know if they still hold the silent disco, always one of my favourites?

Have a lovely time.

2 hours ago, xxHadleyxx said:

Onboard now.

One of the 'foreigners' is me but UK resident. That confused them. They wanted proof of residency which we don't have but in the end, my NHS vaccination card satisfied their requirements. 

33 kids, it's wonderful! I agree, passengers are lovely, friendly and polite. It feels very safe as not crowded but not deserted either. About to start progressive trivia and the turn out is very good. 

I love this ship so much!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, xxHadleyxx said:

Onboard now.

Hadley, so happy everything went smoothly after all that stress!

So did I understand this right:

All you had to do in the end was
- Get a test before the flight and the second day test required by the UK (both completely independent from the cruise)

- Let Royal administer an Antigen test at the port?

Is that right or was there more? Did you have to sign up for the Antigen test ahead of time?

• Like 1

It's great hearing updates in this thread.  One question on something I haven't seen mentioned.  Is there entertainment in the Schooner bar in the evenings (i.e. piano player)?  And if so, how is the person?  We love hanging out there, especially when the person has a sense of humor and has fun.  (But not sure if it's too busy with covid protocols)

19 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

It's great hearing updates in this thread.  One question on something I haven't seen mentioned.  Is there entertainment in the Schooner bar in the evenings (i.e. piano player)?  And if so, how is the person?  We love hanging out there, especially when the person has a sense of humor and has fun.  (But not sure if it's too busy with covid protocols)

Yes there is, tonight at 9pm with Daniel Marks. Do t think we'll be there to report on how good he is, but it's there! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kernow said:

Sounds great, do you know if they still hold the silent disco, always one of my favourites?

Have a lovely time.

Haven't heard anything about silent disco yet.   I live it too .. hopefully they'll have it.  I'll post about it if yes.

2 hours ago, ententecordiale said:

One of the 'foreigners' is me but UK resident. That confused them. They wanted proof of residency which we don't have but in the end, my NHS vaccination card satisfied their requirements. 

33 kids, it's wonderful! I agree, passengers are lovely, friendly and polite. It feels very safe as not crowded but not deserted either. About to start progressive trivia and the turn out is very good. 

I love this ship so much!

Yes ...we were saying the same at lunch, enough people to not feel awkward, but not enough to be crowded..a perfect sweet spot.  We were at progressive too....so nice to have everyone chill and having fun and not super competitive as usually happens.

1 hour ago, Twolittleboys said:

Hadley, so happy everything went smoothly after all that stress!

So did I understand this right:

All you had to do in the end was
- Get a test before the flight and the second day test required by the UK (both completely independent from the cruise)

- Let Royal administer an Antigen test at the port?

Is that right or was there more? Did you have to sign up for the Antigen test ahead of time?

Thanks.  We sort of had to register. We had to sign up/register with a link...that generated an email from trust one app with a qr code and a link telling us to sign up for a test (following that link just gets you told to sign up as a Brit and the whole saga).  We didn't need to register for a specific time, etc but DID need that qr code.  It's kind of a confusing set up.  But yes, other than that, you're correct about the system they eventually landed on for us international guests.

17 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

I didn't notice last night.  I'll look and get back to you 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

The eDoc is now available for the 19th September 2021 sailing from Southampton.

However, in what is yet another triumph for the IT department, the pages are blank apart from a picture of a ship on the front cover and the page showing the luggage tag.

Regards,

Cublet

12 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

The eDoc is now available for the 19th September 2021 sailing from Southampton.

However, in what is yet another triumph for the IT department, the pages are blank apart from a picture of a ship on the front cover and the page showing the luggage tag.

Regards,

Cublet

My doc for the sailing on the 12th was emailed through a week ago and was fine - 15 full pages, luggage tags near the end. Saying that, there's very little in there that hasn't already been sent in one of the multiple emails we've had since booking.

5 minutes ago, Rex008 said:

My doc for the sailing on the 12th was emailed through a week ago and was fine - 15 full pages, luggage tags near the end. Saying that, there's very little in there that hasn't already been sent in one of the multiple emails we've had since booking.

Hello,

I had the 12th well over a week ago not that any ever tell you much.

However the best one I had, I can't remember the ship, had the 'Welcome' letter a merge of the 'Royal' and 'Celebrity' letters so the ship was 'Celebrity <I forget> of the Seas'.

Regards,

Cublet

1 hour ago, gavvy said:

Had my docs through yesterday for my October 9 sailing. The luggage tags at the end look like they have been chopped in half. Think I will just get new ones, at the port 

Had ours through also, Printed the bits we need. just need to book parking now.

1 hour ago, Aarrmuch said:

Had ours through also, Printed the bits we need. just need to book parking now.

I boooked ABP as I found it the easiest and there was a discount code for 10% off, think it was welcomeback21

3 hours ago, gavvy said:

Had my docs through yesterday for my October 9 sailing. The luggage tags at the end look like they have been chopped in half. Think I will just get new ones, at the port 

Ours were the same in the edocs. You can print off proper ones by going into your account (on desktop not the app) choose 'view boarding pass' and then 'view luggage tags'.

• Like 1

We were on last week - great holiday though not much sunshine plenty to do.

My daughter (11) didn’t get her PCR result from Eurofins back in time for boarding - just said ‘waiting for result’ in the app. However once the negative test result came through at port we were good to go. 

There was no dancing for us so good to hear that has now changed for this weeks cruisers! We’re going again at October half term and already can’t wait. 

6 hours ago, gavvy said:

I boooked ABP as I found it the easiest and there was a discount code for 10% off, think it was welcomeback21

We booked ABP when we sailed on the 7th July and they where brilliant, also gave us blue light card discount! Just booked the 15th October sailing and will be booking through them again.

Very good feel on this cruise. I've never thought of less of Covid since being on it! It feels totally safe and it's such a blessing to know everyone is vaccinated. It helps there are no children.

The only co plaint I have so far is that they hardly have any sessions if i-fly unless you want to pay for it, then there are plenty. They only do them when docking so when you have plans and then they become available on the app to book randomly and of course, it's full before you get the chance to go on it. 

• Like 1