April 2021 Cancellations FCC

deweytrader

I had to call Royal, they indicated it was sent a month ago but I never received it, they emailed it today. Of all the FCC I've received I've had to call on everyone of them. 

Our FCC from an April cancellation showed up today, actually maybe sooner, I do not really know when. It was rather strange. Several weeks ago I got a FCC email for a February cancellation. Today when I looked at that FCC email again, lo and behold our FCC for the April cancellation was added to that email/list, both FCCs were listed, it was not a separate/new email, strange.

I called and talked to an Agent. As in the past, taxes etc. will eventually show up on cc used to book cruise, so that will be a “wait.” I wanted to use our FCC from April cruise on a September cruise that is not paid in full. MSC will protect the price I booked under however I booked it with 5+5 and that is not protected if no longer available for that date, bottom line better for me to eventually pay off September cruise and use FCC from April cancellation when booking a new cruise, a lot cleaner and a lot easier to do. Prices not as great as they were though, no deals right now, at least nome that i have found. 

Originally, I booked with a TA.  With FCC, I re-booked direct with a MSC agent.  I called and talked to a MSC agent about my FCC.   They told me to speak to my TA.  The first cancellation, port charges to CC, rest in FCC.  The second cancellation, no port charges to CC, all to FCC.   Looking at Oct. 2 Meriviglia and Dec. 12 Seashore.

I think I will call MSC at a different time and try to book Oct. 2 with MSC and 15%+5%.

Edited by Geobugs

Looks like my port fees and taxes were credited to my credit card on 3/10/21.  Now just waiting for my FCC.  My TA is researching...I am hoping I will be able to use the FCC for my 11/20/21 Seashore cruise but just remembered when I booked I used some FCC that I received for missing Ocean Cay back in Nov 2019.  I wonder if this will be a problem?

My $150 Fees from the 4/23 Armonia sailing just posted to my CC yesterday.

Still no FCC email for either sailing, though. I may call this weekend and book the December sailing I'm looking at (if they have the FCCs in their system) since it's currently a 5+10% fare even though the FCC will only just cover an inside Bella cabin compared to the balcony cabin I had booked for April ☹️

If I could combine the FCCs, I'd go ahead and book another balcony.  Since I can't, I'll request a refund for the 4-night that wasn't paid-in-full.

30 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

My $150 Fees from the 4/23 Armonia sailing just posted to my CC yesterday.

Still no FCC email for either sailing, though. I may call this weekend and book the December sailing I'm looking at (if they have the FCCs in their system) since it's currently a 5+10% fare even though the FCC will only just cover an inside Bella cabin compared to the balcony cabin I had booked for April ☹️

I have found that the MSC Agent can see a FCC if you call, with my February cancellation and before I got the FCC email, I called and it was evident to her, I even used the FCC before I got the "official" email. And as I said, with my April cancellation I never did get an email, it just showed up on an old email that I had sitting in my In-box.

Got my FCCs about an hour ago.  No, I didn't call over the weekend to book.  

I'll request a refund for the whopping $119 from my 4-night. I'd only paid $50 toward it so I'll happily take the extra.  I'll use the 7-night FCC to re-book.  Still not happy that that amount will only JUST cover a Bella inside and I'd originally booked a balcony.

Oh well.  It is what it is.  Of course, I'm making that leap of faith that we will sail in December.

And that the CDC will allow me to sail for a week, have a day off, and sail on a different cruise line (for 12 nights) from a different port.  All of that is still very much up in the air.