The UK starts sailing in May...

3 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

The P&O cruises are being advertised as French Coastal and British coastal to make them sound appealing , literally cruising up an down the coast .I have only seen pricing for the inaugural Iona , way way too much for 7 nights going  no where in an inside cabin. Will be interesting to see what the other prices are. At the end of the day they are test/practice  cruises for the company to see how their protocols work onboard . I for one will not be a guinea pig, it has been a year since our last cruise , I think we can wait a few months more especially since we have UK land trips booked which I can’t wait for after 4 months of lockdown here in England .

+1. Cruises to nowhere in potentially poor weather are not my idea of fun. I have only one cruise left this year that has not yet been cancelled- Rhapsody of the Seas 3rd week in August - can’t see that going ahead particularly as Rhapsody is still docked in St Maarten.

And another one: Fred Olsen Borealis will take her maiden voyage from Liverpool on 05th July 2021 for 3Nts from just £399pp & Bolette will see her maiden voyage 16th August 2021

No update from FO until after April 12th government update as to whether jabs 💉mandatory or not 

Edited by little britain

MSC announced today that they will have a ship sailing out of England the end of May. I wonder why all of the big lines aren't doing things like this so if/when they are allowed to cruise out of the U.S. some of the kinks have been ironed out. Maybe they just don't care or waiting for the CDC to cave in, it's only been over a year and still quiet as a church mouse.

5 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

The P&O cruises are being advertised as French Coastal and British coastal to make them sound appealing , literally cruising up an down the coast .I have only seen pricing for the inaugural Iona , way way too much for 7 nights going  no where in an inside cabin. Will be interesting to see what the other prices are. At the end of the day they are test/practice  cruises for the company to see how their protocols work onboard . I for one will not be a guinea pig, it has been a year since our last cruise , I think we can wait a few months more especially since we have UK land trips booked which I can’t wait for after 4 months of lockdown here in England .

Same here no interest whatsoever.

5 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

It is a good thing that the UK doesn't have an antiquated PVSA law!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on US - we need to rethink this............FAST!!!!!!!!!!!

They need the Canadian ports to re-open so they can begin Alaska and the New England cruises.  

And another one.... MSC announced that they will resume from Southampton on May 20th.  This is the earliest restart date we have seen. 
Again for UK holiday makers only.

“We will welcome both vaccinated and non-vaccinated guests. All guests will be tested prior to embarkation, while non-vaccinated guests will also be required to show proof of negative test done within 72 hours prior to embarkation. 

“Crew in addition to the protocol-mandated test and 14-day quarantine prior to embarkation will also receive weekly testing, in addition to other ongoing health monitoring measures.”

Also several mentions of children and families... so P&O appear to have totally ostracised all family cruisers with their vaccinated only rules. 

The waters around the UK will never have been so busy! 

Edited by little britain

28 minutes ago, little britain said:

And another one.... MSC announced that they will resume from Southampton on May 20th.  This is the earliest restart date we have seen. 
Again for UK holiday makers only.

“We will welcome both vaccinated and non-vaccinated guests. All guests will be tested prior to embarkation, while non-vaccinated guests will also be required to show proof of negative test done within 72 hours prior to embarkation. 

“Crew in addition to the protocol-mandated test and 14-day quarantine prior to embarkation will also receive weekly testing, in addition to other ongoing health monitoring measures.”

Also several mentions of children and families... so P&O appear to have totally ostracised all family cruisers with their vaccinated only rules. 

The waters around the UK will never have been so busy! 

We nearly pulled the trigger last night on a UK MSC September cruise for John’s birthday  , Premium drinks package promo included on all Fantastica grades .So so tempted but after waiting 8 months for the refund via TA for our last year’s cancelled birthday cruise came to our senses 😆

Here comes Princess....

Regal Princess will offer 14 UK voyages from 31st July to 26th September 2021. Sky Princess will offer eight UK cruises, from 30th August to 28th September 2021.

As well as the scenic cruises, some voyages will include calls at Belfast, Liverpool and Greenock.

With the safety of all guests and crew paramount, they will require all guests, including children, will need to have had both doses of the Covid-19 vaccination a minimum of 7 days before departure.

These great value all-inclusive fares will start from £539pp for the 3n cruise and include Princess Plus, with a Premium Drinks Package, unlimited Wi-Fi and tips included in their fare.

Edited by little britain
  • Like 2

Not anticipating any cruises this year for us.  We are just about to buy our own little 4 berth boat 😀

Looking forward to spending the Summer with family and friends chugging up and down the Thames.

We have booked a couple of UK holidays this year but the boat will be our priority for weekends and days out this Summer. 

Having said that if I find a last minute good deal UK cruise (within a week or so of departure) in September then, never say never..........    

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Not anticipating any cruises this year for us.  We are just about to buy our own little 4 berth boat 😀

Looking forward to spending the Summer with family and friends chugging up and down the Thames.

We have booked a couple of UK holidays this year but the boat will be our priority for weekends and days out this Summer. 

Having said that if I find a last minute good deal UK cruise (within a week or so of departure) in September then, never say never..........    

Do you offer a drinks package and are you taking bookings..??!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Here comes Princess....

Regal Princess will offer 14 UK voyages from 31st July to 26th September 2021. Sky Princess will offer eight UK cruises, from 30th August to 28th September 2021.

As well as the scenic cruises, some voyages will include calls at Belfast, Liverpool and Greenock.

With the safety of all guests and crew paramount, they will require all guests, including children, will need to have had both doses of the Covid-19 vaccination a minimum of 7 days before departure.

These great value all-inclusive fares will start from £539pp for the 3n cruise and include Princess Plus, with a Premium Drinks Package, unlimited Wi-Fi and tips included in their fare.

I will look out for those . We booked two on Regal for May/ June , both cancelled 😞, was looking forward to trying the Medallion experience with the Princess plus fare we had and fab cabin .