Majestic Princess cabin choice

Ecuador

Looking at cabins E428 or E429.Both are below seawalk and was wondering how affected they are by blue light from above at night. Also are there any noise/smoking issues as the promenade deck is directly below.?

We've been on the Majestic's sister ship, Regal, but it's been awhile. Below you, the "Promenade" is a short outdoor area, so no people walking laps. Few use it. Don't remember any smokers, just readers looking for a quiet spot and it is. On that clear glass Seawalk, you could see right into the balconies below. I recall thinking I was glad we did not get one of those. Up to you.

Edited by mtnesterz
Spelling

Have not been on the Majestic, but on the Royal and Regal the smoking area is on the starboard side aft patio (promenade). Smoking is not permitted on any of the other 3 promenade patios. It's most likely the same on the Majestic as it is in the same area on all the other ships in the fleet.  On the Lido deck port side there is the Seaview Bar. This blocks the inward view from the Seawalk. The starboard side is open and passengers can look inward, or outward. The glass walk allows you to look straight down, but my experience is that it isn't a very good view. In the evening the blue light from above will be visible, but should not bother your cabin 7 decks below. 

• Like 1

We just booked E425 for our October 30 cruise on Majestic...

I figure that "Seawalk" is actually 7 decks above...So around 70 feet or so?  Hard to see how it's an issue...

OTOH, our cabin has an oversized balcony...and, to me, that is worth something...Last January, on Royal, we had E108...and that oversized balcony was nice...This time, we went with E425 since we prefer midship locations...

The deck below us are the shops...so I figure noise from below won't be a major problem either...

We have had cabins under the Seawalk twice on the Regal.  Very few people cross the Seawalk after the first day, when it is a novelty.  Those who do, rarely linger for more than a minute or two.  Really, unless you are doing something extremely private why would anyone be interested in staring at your balcony (and if you are doing something private, perhaps you need to go indoors).  Actually you are more exposed on the lower tiers of a Grand ship than you are on a Royal class under the Seawalk.  Since I like to sit on the balcony in the evening, I did not mind the blue light at all.

Yeah...We've often had Caribe deck balconies on the more traditional Princess ships...where everyone on a higher deck looks down on your balcony...and from where we could look right down at the mini-suite balconies directly below us...

I am not really concerned with anyone walking on that Seawalk being able to see us sitting on our Emerald deck balcony...If anyone's going to be able to see us, it's more likely one of our direct neighbors peering around the partition...

Talking of which, on one cruise, I held my cell phone next to the partition and shot a recording of the neighbors!  Before anyone calls me a voyeur, allow me to explain.  The people in the next cabin were smokers...Every time I tried to enjoy MY balcony, they were out there smoking...and the smoke just continually wafted onto MY balcony as they were forward of us...and it was a 14 night cruise!  When I complained to the guest relations desk, they claimed they would speak to them about it...but, then they said the people told them they were NOT smoking...and since they had no proof, they couldn't do anything.  So, I went back to my balcony, popped the cell phone just past the edge of the partition...and recorded a good 60-90 seconds of them smoking...and, somehow, they never noticed me doing it...I brought it to guest relations and they, apparently, did something...we never noticed the smoke smell for the remainder of the cruise...

• Like 4

On 3/15/2021 at 1:04 AM, Ecuador said:

Looking at cabins E428 or E429.Both are below seawalk and was wondering how affected they are by blue light from above at night. Also are there any noise/smoking issues as the promenade deck is directly below.?

Cabins 420 to 427 are have the largest balconies of any Balcony cabins and are barely visible from the Seawalk. Our favorite cabins. Here are some photos.

P1180734.jpg

P1220400.jpg

P1220429.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 3/16/2021 at 9:34 PM, Bruin Steve said:

We just booked E425 for our October 30 cruise on Majestic...

I figure that "Seawalk" is actually 7 decks above...So around 70 feet or so?  Hard to see how it's an issue...

OTOH, our cabin has an oversized balcony...and, to me, that is worth something...Last January, on Royal, we had E108...and that oversized balcony was nice...This time, we went with E425 since we prefer midship locations...

The deck below us are the shops...so I figure noise from below won't be a major problem either...

I’m in E425 right this moment! Don’t worry @Bruin Steve, I’ll take good care of the cabin.

The balcony is angled so it’s deeper than the regular balconies. You could easily put a lounger in the deepest part. Hmm, I wonder if my room steward could do that?

Photo of E425 balcony

Privacy from above is definitely not an issue. Unless you’re sitting on the balcony railing - and don’t do that!!! - you aren’t visible from the Skywalk.

And I am never looking straight down through the Skywalk glass floor again, good grief, that was terrifying. 

Edited by coastcat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1