P&O Peninsular Club & MSC Voyagers Club Status Match

annarack

It seems MSC offer a status match against several loyalty schemes, including P&O, which gives 5% off their cruise prices.  We are looking to try them at the end of the year and therefore I think we need to register for their loyalty scheme before making a booking, in order to claim the discount.  Has anyone else who regularly sails with P&O done this before?  How did it work?  We are Atlantic Tier on P&O so not sure which MSC status we would be matched to, probably pretty low!  Do all passengers in the cabin need a status, or would one do?  I have been looking on the MSC board but all the loyalty posts seem very focused on US hotel/cruise line matches, so I thought it might be worth asking on here re a P&O match specifically.  Any advice welcome please.  Thank you.

46 minutes ago, annarack said:

It seems MSC offer a status match against several loyalty schemes, including P&O, which gives 5% off their cruise prices.  We are looking to try them at the end of the year and therefore I think we need to register for their loyalty scheme before making a booking, in order to claim the discount.  Has anyone else who regularly sails with P&O done this before?  How did it work?  We are Atlantic Tier on P&O so not sure which MSC status we would be matched to, probably pretty low!  Do all passengers in the cabin need a status, or would one do?  I have been looking on the MSC board but all the loyalty posts seem very focused on US hotel/cruise line matches, so I thought it might be worth asking on here re a P&O match specifically.  Any advice welcome please.  Thank you.

Initially MSC offered a really good deal on status match, they have since watered it down, but still worth having, their chocolate ships are to die for. This is an excerpt from the details we got which has the email address, I advice you contact them. Albeit we have quite a few P&O cruises we matched against our Princess loyalty as we were marginally higher with them, we got matched to Black which was their top tier, it has changed since then and we missed our Japan cruise last year so never got to use the system. There was an MSC thread dedicated to price matching and all its trials and tribulations. As you say a lot are focused on the US side as MSC has been pushing to get a bite of the US market. You will need to be patient as MSC customer service is not very good, unless you want to book a cruise, which is the same with other lines.

HERE ARE JUST A FEW OF THE PRIVILEGES THAT YOU CAN ENJOY WITH YOUR MSC VOYAGERS CLUB MEMBERSHIP: • 5% discount off all your bookings with MSC Cruises • Welcome cocktail at the start of each cruise and further onboard privileges • Great savings on spa treatments, minibar purchases and many other onboard services • E-newsletter with news and special offers To find out more visit mscvoyagersclub.co.uk Enjoy all your exclusive benefits on your first cruise with MSC Cruises. Just don’t forget to quote your club number at the time of bookin

Here is the form to fill in

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/status-match

We matched some time ago with our Princess Elite Loyalty and were matched to the highest tier Black which I think has now changed its name to Diamond.

We had a marvellous cruise in the Yacht Club on the Preziosa, Carribean and Transatlantic..

Edited by Gettingwarmer

Thanks everyone!  I filled in the form this morning and have already had a loyalty card emailed through to me, amazingly quick service!  I have only been given Classic membership, but 5% off is a great bonus and the chocolate ships sound fab, I will have to get my husband to register too just for this perk - we will be travelling with our two small children so one ship on a stick would not suffice!!

My next question is how do I link my account to the booking I want to make to get the discount please?  I've just done a dummy booking online but couldn't see anywhere to enter my new membership number.

Thanks again.

5 minutes ago, annarack said:

Thanks everyone!  I filled in the form this morning and have already had a loyalty card emailed through to me, amazingly quick service!  I have only been given Classic membership, but 5% off is a great bonus and the chocolate ships sound fab, I will have to get my husband to register too just for this perk - we will be travelling with our two small children so one ship on a stick would not suffice!!

My next question is how do I link my account to the booking I want to make to get the discount please?  I've just done a dummy booking online but couldn't see anywhere to enter my new membership number.

Thanks again.

It's on the second page where Cabin Selection is

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/Booking?CruiseID=MA20210703SOUSOU&Type=CROL&PriceCode=MAGB1P79PR#/category/0

Thank you.  We have booked!  Sorry to have hijacked the P&O forum for this.  We were originally due to sail in July on Iona to Norway, then hoped to perhaps book a UK cruise with P&O but no luck due to vaccination policy as we have children who will be travelling with us.  Now we have booked a very similar Norway itinerary with MSC for end of August.  Obviously no guarantees it will happen, but if things are more normal by then at least we have the chance of a holiday...  Thanks for all the advice and help.

• Like 1

We didn't know about the status match until after we had booked.  we have applied and it came through really quickly,  in fact they even phoned me because they couldn't match my details.  Gave a Gold Status to match our Caribbean tier on P&O.  They seemed to think the 5% discount could be added retrospectively.  I must chase that up just in case our cruise sails in July.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, annarack said:

Thank you.  We have booked!  Sorry to have hijacked the P&O forum for this.  We were originally due to sail in July on Iona to Norway, then hoped to perhaps book a UK cruise with P&O but no luck due to vaccination policy as we have children who will be travelling with us.  Now we have booked a very similar Norway itinerary with MSC for end of August.  Obviously no guarantees it will happen, but if things are more normal by then at least we have the chance of a holiday...  Thanks for all the advice and help.

We’re on that end of August Magnifica trip too (if it happens) following a previous Iona cancellation. 

On 3/18/2021 at 10:10 AM, annarack said:

In matter of fact MSC does a little more than that. It also transfers one's status across to their 'Voyagers Club'...

1232536951_VoyagersClubDiamondRedacted.thumb.jpg.e5d04c2d0db74a561358b65d33bfb43a.jpg

We used the package to give MSC a try 13 months ago and it turned out to be a good move. Read my review here...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2020/03/25/msc-preziosa-yacht-club-experience/

While the Yacht Club offers unlimited drinks around the ship it was still good fun to attend the additional 'Voyager Club' parties...

1795857801_Miscellaneous5VoyagersWelcomeBackCTPInvite20Feb.jpg.286a502aa6a9e12f41012956a62f6cd5.jpg

1634446952_VoyagerClubInvitation2Feb26.jpg.ab4042a22586442553c9cad9fedaba30.jpg

436522911_VoyagersClubParty1.jpg.03743be74d131afed4dcdc0bb9246834.jpg

1934970918_VoyagersClubParty2.jpg.d5fea5b79bd001431e67242fbd225dee.jpg

That's not to say we've abandoned P&O of course. We have a Iona Maiden replacement cruise booked along with another MSC cruise in October.

15 hours ago, sueandphil said:

We didn't know about the status match until after we had booked.  we have applied and it came through really quickly,  in fact they even phoned me because they couldn't match my details.  Gave a Gold Status to match our Caribbean tier on P&O.  They seemed to think the 5% discount could be added retrospectively.  I must chase that up just in case our cruise sails in July.

Hi Sue. I've just seen your post after I'd written mine above. I didn't want you to think there was something amiss on your MSC status transfer. I too am a P&O Caribbean member but what I did was use my Cunard 'Diamond' status on that particular transfer.

Thanks Richard, a great review and photos, and I loved the Death in Paradise pictures.  I have subscribed to your blog.  Getting pretty excited about the idea of trying MSC now, just really hoping things go well over the coming months and cruising can safely restart.  I do wonder if this could become a scenic trip only, rather than a chance to actually visit the fjords, but we would just be glad to be on board.  Fingers crossed.

On 3/19/2021 at 9:59 AM, Ecuador said:

Remember you have to do a minimum of one cruise every three years or your membership expires.

Membership has been extended because of covid. I am not sure for how long, probably states on website somewhere. I have actually emailed MSC to ask so will post when I get a reply.

5 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Membership has been extended because of covid. I am not sure for how long, probably states on website somewhere. I have actually emailed MSC to ask so will post when I get a reply.

When you log in to the MSC voyages club

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/my-msc/msc-voyager-club

It shows your membership level, and your membership number and past cruises , my Diamond membership shows expires 05/2022 I know this got extended, have been trying to book another cruise within the 3 year period  but all get cancelled due to COVID. MSC seem very fair with regards to their membership .

Edited by LifeonMars
spelling

15 minutes ago, LifeonMars said:

When you log in to the MSC voyages club

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/my-msc/msc-voyager-club

It shows your membership level, and your membership number and past cruises , my Diamond membership shows expires 05/2022 I know this got extended, have been trying to book another cruise within the 3 year period  but all get cancelled due to COVID. MSC seem very fair with regards to their membership .

My expiry is 05/2022, it would have expired 2019 under normal conditions had we not had a cruise scheduled for 2019. 

• 1 year later...