Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

7 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

I booked 18th September sailing, so fingers crossed I will be on a cruise ship for at least one day  every month for the next 4 months 😀

This is the one I want to book so hopefully see you on board! 😀🤞

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NaomiW said:

This is the one I want to book so hopefully see you on board! 😀🤞

Have you checked the BLC prices? This morning Balcony £419pp, Deluxe Balcony £479pp (but very few left, only EB grade when I phoned)  😀

1 hour ago, NaomiW said:

Interesting!! I was assuming theyd be running a reduced capacity but I guess if they dont need to theyll try to maximize numbers (assuming the phase 4 doesnt get pushed back of course!)

Thank you for asking these questions.  I was about to book and was wondering the same thing.  I’ll hold off for now.

1 hour ago, NaomiW said:

Which sailing are you on?

Saturday 18th September, a week bobbing about in the Channel, round the Channel Islands and past Biarritz.

I will have chocolates, wine, and magazines  and will sit and watch the world go by.. well the French coast anyway!😃   Add to that all those lovely evening meals to look forward to etc etc.   It'll do for me!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Saturday 18th September, a week bobbing about in the Channel, round the Channel Islands and past Biarritz.

I will have chocolates, wine, and magazines  and will sit and watch the world go by.. well the French coast anyway!😃   Add to that all those lovely evening meals to look forward to etc etc.   It'll do for me!

Sounds heavenly. I personally love ship days so a week at sea is right up my street. Hopefully see you there! 😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pink-belle said:

Have you checked the BLC prices? This morning Balcony £419pp, Deluxe Balcony £479pp (but very few left, only EB grade when I phoned)  😀

Yes, I cant believe how good value it is! Ok, thanks for the heads up, Ill get onto them tomorrow

• Like 1

There was a review of one of the MSC ships cruising the med with reduced capacity and they only had ONE speciality restaurant open. I guess they did not want all those chefs and waiters waiting around for the occasional customer!

With all the news of a new variant we cancelled our Baltic cruise and booked a suite on Britannia for a week instead, with the view that if it is a full sailing in poor weather we still have a large cabin to escape to .

• Like 1

I’m booked on the first Britannia cruise out on June 27th for  4 days  booked a superior deluxe balcony with the blue light card at 45% off , at least I know being the first cruise out the ship will be clean 😁😁

• Like 3

Fantastic, we have only just booked last week, didn’t know my husband qualified for blc thought it was just for nurses and police, he had a forces discount card already but that doesn’t give you ship discount only on board spending which we appreciate .

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

I’m booked on the first Britannia cruise out on June 27th for  4 days  booked a superior deluxe balcony with the blue light card at 45% off , at least I know being the first cruise out the ship will be clean 😁😁

41 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

I’m also booked on this cruise, when booking opened I picked this one for that exact reason 🤣

I'm on this one and I treated us to a suite. My thinking was it should be clean and if we do get quarantined  in our cabins (yes I know about the separate cabins for quarantine but that does not work for the whole ship as Diamond Princess)  we will have some space.

See you all aboard.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I'm on this one and I treated us to a suite. My thinking was it should be clean and if we do get quarantined  in our cabins (yes I know about the separate cabins for quarantine but that does not work for the whole ship as Diamond Princess)  we will have some space.

See you all aboard.

We will walk past Epicurean during breakfast and look longingly at you living the high life😀

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

We will walk past Epicurean during breakfast and look longingly at you living the high life😀

I'm looking forward to the experience of breakfast in the Epicurean and I hope it won't be spoiled by the plebs gawping . 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

BLC is applicable to NHS, Social Care, Emergency Services and Armed Forces and for a small annual fee is well worth joining.

I have just done a quick search for the Blue Light Card and found the following qualify.

4x4 Response

Ambulance Service

Blood Bikes

Border Force

British Army

Cave Rescue

Community First Responders

Fire Service

Highways England Traffic Officer

HM Armed Forces Veterans

HM Coastguard

HM Prison Service

Immigration Enforcement

Lowland Search and Rescue

MoD Fire Service

MoD Police

Mountain Rescue

NHS

Police

Red Cross

Reserve Armed Forces

RNLI

Royal Air Force

Royal Marines

Royal Navy

Search and Rescue

Second Line Responders

Social Care Workers

St Andrews Ambulance

St John Ambulance

UK Visas and Immigration

Edited by MX-Drew
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Bluemoontets said:

Hi we have just booked the 1st Aug sailing using my blue light card, does anyone know if you get the OBC with these booking. I doubt it with the discount that is being offered.

No, you do not get the OBC with the BLC discount.

1 minute ago, NaomiW said:

Eek, just booked for the 18th Sept.. Treated myself to a suite as its for my 40th and I got more like 60% off the website price-Its a total bargain! Couldnt be more excited.

With blue light card I should have said.. Hmm, Im actually starting to wonder if they gave me the wrong price cos its something like 56.4% off 🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pink-belle said:

My discounts have been more than the advertised 45% too, a suite will be wonderful.

I wonder if the discounts vary depending on the sailing/cabin type etc.. That would make sense if they offered more of a discount for less popular cabins? 

20 minutes ago, NaomiW said:

I wonder if the discounts vary depending on the sailing/cabin type etc.. That would make sense if they offered more of a discount for less popular cabins? 

And possibly a later cruise, we’re on the sky princess 17th September but didn’t get blc discount because we didn’t have it then and booked through our travel agent but we have treated ourselves to a suite on that one , glad you booked 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bluemoontets said:

Hi we have just booked the 1st Aug sailing using my blue light card, does anyone know if you get the OBC with these booking. I doubt it with the discount that is being offered.

Hi.  No OBC with MSC, P&O or Cunard.  On the plus side there are no gratuities to paid either.  Jane.x

3 hours ago, NaomiW said:

The discount offered does depend on which cruise. I am guessing the ones that are slow sellers you get the biggest discount.