Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

1 hour ago, MX-Drew said:

I thought you had your cabin number in the cruise planner, I have had my cabin grade all the time.

Mine states the type of cabin and location, but not the deck or cabin number. Until a couple of days ago it stated cabin numbers would be available 5 weeks before sailing and that's now been changed to 3 weeks

1 hour ago, MX-Drew said:

I thought you had your cabin number in the cruise planner, I have had my cabin grade all the time.

I do have my cabin number, but getting it to appear is hit and miss.

just going to log on and write down the headings….

Edited by Pink-belle

…. So logging on yesterday I noticed that the first page had changed under booking Summary it said 

balcony cabin mid

click here for further information about your cabin, so I did 

that brings up the Before You Sail Page, the last sub heading is Life on Board.

if I click on that it brings up a heading of Standard and a generic full screen balcony stock photo.  However, going back and repeating the process, the photo became a small image to the right of the page and the details of the cabin appear on the left of the page.

this happens about 1 in 10 times of me going through the process.

I think there is a glitch.  My husband tried logging in and couldn’t get it to show at all, so I did it again and managed to get a screen shot. 

1 hour ago, Pink-belle said:

…. So logging on yesterday I noticed that the first page had changed under booking Summary it said 

balcony cabin mid

click here for further information about your cabin, so I did 

that brings up the Before You Sail Page, the last sub heading is Life on Board.

if I click on that it brings up a heading of Standard and a generic full screen balcony stock photo.  However, going back and repeating the process, the photo became a small image to the right of the page and the details of the cabin appear on the left of the page.

this happens about 1 in 10 times of me going through the process.

I think there is a glitch.  My husband tried logging in and couldn’t get it to show at all, so I did it again and managed to get a screen shot. 

I have logged in again today (for about the 5th time and it now allows me to chose the bed configuration. 

I'm trying your method above and so far no joy but I will keep trying.

Did you notice this above the booking summary?

"While we want to ensure you have the P&O Cruises holiday you've dreamed of, please be aware that we will be significantly reducing the number of guests on our first cruises following the pause in operations to better enable a smooth return to sailing. We have reduced the number of available cabins on these cruises accordingly."

I spoke to a friend yesterday who has booked for Britannia in August! She’s only been on one cruise before, one of Oceana’s fly cruises from Malta so it will be interesting  to see what she thinks of Britannia. 
Her daughter wanted her to go with them and their 18 month old granddaughter on MSC but she declined because she just wants to chill and relax! She looks after her granddaughter quite a lot.

On 6/4/2021 at 10:40 AM, MX-Drew said:

I have logged in again today (for about the 5th time and it now allows me to chose the bed configuration. 

I'm trying your method above and so far no joy but I will keep trying.

Did you notice this above the booking summary?

"While we want to ensure you have the P&O Cruises holiday you've dreamed of, please be aware that we will be significantly reducing the number of guests on our first cruises following the pause in operations to better enable a smooth return to sailing. We have reduced the number of available cabins on these cruises accordingly."

Yes, I saw that.

have you discovered your suite allocation yet?

Yesterday  I was unable to get the page to load as Ihad the day before, but have just make a discovery.

I was logging on to check the balance I had to pay for my Iona September cruise. On the make a payment page, in error I put the Britannia Booking reference.  This showed the stateroom number I saw the day before. Mid ship Fdeck. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

Yes, I saw that.

have you discovered your suite allocation yet?

Yesterday  I was unable to get the page to load as Ihad the day before, but have just make a discovery.

I was logging on to check the balance I had to pay for my Iona September cruise. On the make a payment page, in error I put the Britannia Booking reference.  This showed the stateroom number I saw the day before. Mid ship Fdeck. 

I have just tried the method you described and that worked. Very happy with the location.

Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

Has there been any news about crews being vaccinated prior to these cruises, that I have missed?

There is a poster on the Princess board who is adamant that all Princess crew members will have been vaccinated prior to the Seacation cruises.  He states that they will be vaccinated by the NHS in Southampton. 

I am extremely dubious,  but he will not be swayed from his convictions. 

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Has there been any news about crews being vaccinated prior to these cruises, that I have missed?

There is a poster on the Princess board who is adamant that all Princess crew members will have been vaccinated prior to the Seacation cruises.  He states that they will be vaccinated by the NHS in Southampton. 

It's quite possible. They did a huge vaccination day for the MSC Virtuosa crew. I saw it on social media, plus the Cruise Director mentioned it one evening and thanked all the NHS staff, particularly those in Southampton who assisted with the vaccination programme.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bin man said:

Is Britannia 1/7/21 first P and O ship with passengers? Anyone booked on her got anymore imformation on boarding rules and regulations 

27th June is the first Britannia Seacation cruise. Nothing been provided other than what is on the website, I wouldn’t expect to have further information until after we know about regulations from the 21st June.

No confirmed details about proof of vaccination but we can assume that will be via NHS app for us from England.

They suggest we continue with the twice a week testing as recommended by the Government, before sailing.  We know we will undergo testing at the port.  Social distancing protocols will be in place.  Require masks indoors, other than when eating and drinking. Masks not required  outdoors, unless it is not possible to socially distance.

to dine with others bookings must be linked prior to sailing. Some services may require booking on board, and numbers limited but they are planning on everything being open. 

All basic reassuring stuff. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bin man said:

Is Britannia 1/7/21 first P and O ship with passengers? Anyone booked on her got anymore imformation on boarding rules and regulations 

The first passenger cruise on Britannia is the 27/06/21. Myself (with DH) and Pink-belle are on it.

Information can be found here.

@Pink-belle You beat me to it.😀

Edited by MX-Drew
  • Haha 1

Thanks for that I thought there was one as you stated but when I looked its not on website for p and o but if I remember think it had sold its quoter so I guess they have taken it off the site 

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

Any U.K. residents would be eligible if fit criteria, but if they vaccinated non U.K. residents via the NHS, certain newspapers will go apoplectic. 

• Like 1

Just read the title to this and our answer is a definite 'Yes'

Our staycation is not on a ship though, but on land - sorry, but it is too soon for us to cruise and am not even sure about the one we have booked for May 2022

3 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

The first passenger cruise on Britannia is the 27/06/21. Myself (with DH) and Pink-belle are on it.

Information can be found here.

@Pink-belle You beat me to it.😀

I am too on this one and just got my room number today and to check in but we’re sort that out tomorrow because they want photos etc .

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

I am too on this one and just got my room number today and to check in but we’re sort that out tomorrow because they want photos etc .

My DH was doing this an hour or so ago, I denied his request of a photo, I am ready for bed with a layer of overnight moisture mask on! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pink-belle said:

My DH was doing this an hour or so ago, I denied his request of a photo, I am ready for bed with a layer of overnight moisture mask on! 

Quite rightly I told my other half maybe tomorrow when I’ve done my hair and put make up on 😂 he’ll probably need a while to sort it out ( the computer) stuff , we’re happy with our allocation deck 15 mid ship deluxe balcony, I know the sun deck above can be a bit noisy early in morning but we’re all ways awake and up around 5 anyway.. Has anybody been in those cabins? Superior deluxe balcony it did say balcony partly shaded which will be good if it rains but it’s not going too 😎

11 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Quite rightly I told my other half maybe tomorrow when I’ve done my hair and put make up on 😂 he’ll probably need a while to sort it out ( the computer) stuff , we’re happy with our allocation deck 15 mid ship deluxe balcony, I know the sun deck above can be a bit noisy early in morning but we’re all ways awake and up around 5 anyway.. Has anybody been in those cabins? Superior deluxe balcony it did say balcony partly shaded which will be good if it rains but it’s not going too 😎

Yes we were in a cabin under the sunset bar and the problem is smokers moving chairs around at about 5:30am, it got so bad we asked to move cabin.

I hope that does not put you off. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Yes, we had one last January in the Caribbean. The morning noise didn't worry us but the late night open air deck parties (4 nights) were horrendous. At one point we virtually had "Freddie Mercury" in our room until 1.00am.  Complaints on board led to shrugged shoulders of sorry we cant do anything about it.  On return we complained vociferously and P&O acknowledged these problems did occur. We were awarded £250 compensation to our account as a result. They were apologetic but the whole experience was disappointing and as a result we now avoid this area.  We are booked again on December 30th departure next year and would only look st the DA midships cabins after our experience.  

The shade was actually very welcome in the Caribbean and it is a shame the noise outweighed its benefit. I cannot envisage many late night deck parties on these sections though.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

I think that is the issue with Saver Fares, we end up where me might not have chosen to book.  

I have made an error on my Iona Booking, for September.  I thought I was booking a EE grade and happy with their locations, but when confirmation came through it is EB,so will be above or below a public space. 

I booked Mid Ship Balcony on this Britannia Cruise, we are F Deck Starboard, so just above and behind the smoking area outside Java.

My DH who is usually so pernickety about these things, has remained extremely positive.  Seeing it as an adventure to try new locations.

These Cruises will not be like “usual” cruises, less people means less sun beds, plus passengers can’t move the sun beds, Deck parties, if any, will not be wild, staff need to keep a grip on social distancing protocols etc. I am keeping a positive frame of mind, we will all be fine and happy 😀

Edited by Pink-belle
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

I think that is the issue with Saver Fares, we end up where me might not have chosen to book.  

I have made an error on my Iona Booking, for September.  I thought I was booking a EE grade and happy with their locations, but when confirmation came through it is EB,so will be above or below a public space. 

I booked Mid Ship Balcony on this Britannia Cruise, we are F Deck Starboard, so just above and behind the smoking area outside Java.

My DH who is usually so pernickety about these things, has remained extremely positive.  Seeing it as an adventure to try new locations.

These Cruises will not be like “usual” cruises, less people means less sun beds, plus passengers can’t move the sun beds, Deck parties, if any, will not be wild, staff need to keep a grip on social distancing protocols etc. I am keeping a positive frame of mind, we will all be fine and happy 😀

Are you stalking me? We are also on F starboard but forward, just where I wanted to be after our experience aft in the Caribbean (which was booked as a select fare) and that was a mistake. It is also not far to The Epicurean for breakfast 🤣 and of course the Crows Nest.

Edited by MX-Drew
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

The media has finally found out about cruise ship staff being brought in.

Looks like the ‘seafarers’ loophole has now been closed

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/loophole-allowed-600-cruise-ship-24259473

My understanding is that it was never a problem because they had to undergo quarantine once on board the ship, but I am not surprised that the mirror highlighted such a non issue.

• Like 3