Norwegian dawn perks

tfg

Hi do the suite perks include seats in the theatre for the shows?

Does anyone have up to date menus for moderno and the insuite menu also someone mentioned a gigaset phone,what is it?

Any other advice or tips appreciated as it's my first time in a suite do really excited.

It's a family suite on the dawn.

Thanks

Family suites do not get reserved seating in the theater.  Yes you do get a cordless phone that works all over the ship and even on shore to a limited range.  In any full suite, your menu is literally anything available on the ship.  Simply tell your butler what you desire.  You will have to pay if the item you want is an upcharge.

55 minutes ago, tfg said:

thanks is a family suite not a full suite

Yes, it is a full suite, however, the only suites which might get reserved seating would be the Deluxe Owner's suites or Owner's suites.  I've not had any problems getting desirable seating in the theatre on any smaller ships, only on mega ships.

I'll post the link where you can find lots of info for staterooms, dining etc.  As for updated menus, haven't seen those myself but then, they may not have posted them yet.  The sample menus will give you a good idea of what to expect. 

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/dawn/whats-on-board/Specialty-Dining

Enjoy your cruise planning. 

• Thanks 1

As mentioned, I think it is too early to find any menus other than the old ones.  On the small ships, theater seating was always easy.  I would arrive in the theater 30 minutes before the show, drink in hand, and practically all seats were still available.  I would pic a good middle row, sit back, people watch, and let the show begin.  The reserved seats are always upper level and off to the side.  Wouldn't want one of those.  Breakfast and lunch at Modernos (or Cagneys sometimes) is available for suite guests.  Otherwise whether you eat at the specialty restaurants is dependent on whether you have a package or pay to do so.  However, your butler will serve you in you room if you wish if you have the specialty restaurant choice.    The Dawn is a nice ship.  Back when...when there was actual cruising, her crew was great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tfg said:

Hi do the suite perks include seats in the theatre for the shows? Does anyone have up to date menus for moderno and the insuite menu also someone mentioned a gigaset phone, what is it? Any other advice or tips appreciated as it's my first time in a suite do really excited. It's a family suite on the dawn. Thanks

The theater seats are reserved for Owner's Suites only (and really aren't that good). And the seats reserved for suites on big ships are also not that great. We always just show up and seat our selves front and center. 

Moderno has a wonderful salad bar (which they hope you fill yourselves up with) various selections of beef, a lamb dish, a fish dish, grilled pineapple. A Brazilian BBQ like on land. 

As a suite guest, you get to dine in Moderno/Le Bistro for breakfast and lunch with a special suites menu. We normally have breakfast in the suites restaurant. Or have our butler brings food from the suites restaurant on busy port days. There is a standard breakfast check-box hang tag in your room. Ignore the check-boxes and write what your want. Eggs any way you want (over easy, omelet with your selected fillings, egg white omelet, scrambled). Bacon, ham, sausage, filet steak. Mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, beans (for a proper English breakfast). Hash browns, breakfast potatoes. Fresh breads. Pastries. Fresh fruit. Juices. and a Diet Pepsi. All free from the complimentary suites restaurant. 

b1.jpg.b0243a4fe62fa365bdf064d6d69f81e7.jpg

b2.thumb.jpg.fb06b5eeaa28cc93f70c6cf4cdf5dc08.jpg

As a suite guest, you get to dine in Moderno/Le Bistro for Lunch. We normally eat there on embarkation day. The menu doesn't change and for us, it is good for a couple of lunches during a cruise. And we try food all over the ship for other meals. I assume you will have kids and it may not be the best kids restaurant for lunch. Even us big kids prefer a slice of pizza and a hot dog sometimes. 

Ignore the in-suite menu. It just a normal room service menu. You can order from any restaurant on the ship through your butler. It is best to give your butler advance notice to ensure the food is served when you want. If you order from a specialty restaurant, you have to pay the a la carte price for items or use a Specialty Dining Package credit. 

Your butler will bring you the "snack of the day" each afternoon. If you want something more or something special, let your butler know. We sometimes order a PB&J sandwich (for us big kids) and chips. We also ask that our butler leave bowls of gummy bears, M&Ms (plain or peanut), and bar mix. Most of that goes into ziplock bags for snacks on shore (note: removal of food from the ship is technical lot legal in most countries). 

There is a VOIP phone in the room. It is the same type of phone used by the crew. You can call any number on the ship (including your room). And it will ring if anyone calls you. And can be used while you are in range of the ship's network on the dock (as you often see the crew making calls on the dock to coordinate port activities). Personally, we never carry it. 

BTW: Our favorite restaurant on the Dawn was Los Lobos. 

s2.jpg.089d0ab55b2bdb243796780c075d2253.jpgS1.jpg.3fca0658f17536f532f61c808f0efae8.jpgs3.jpg.39f6099a9df5fd243ae8785e787bd4eb.jpg

• Like 2