Britannia Resraunt Menus

intel

Occasionally , especially on longer voyages  ( eg world cruise) one will find the same printed at the bottom  of the menu, however,  It's usually hit and miss and is often the fault of the onboard printing department .

For what it's worth, I'm certain they were available in July 2019 and the previous September. If memory serves, between the two trips, I ordered steak twice and for starters, selected shrimp (prawns) with cocktail sauce a couple of times and a caesar once. At no point did I see any indication that servers needed Head Waiter permission to do it.

I've heard rumors of the choices being printed on the menu or Daily Programme, (most often on the QE or QV) but have never noticed it myself. 

For the record, I believe the items are: Starters - Prawns with Cocktail Sauce, Caesar salad, Mains - Rib Steak, Chicken Breast, Salmon, Side - Steamed Veggies. For those who've done it, how does this compare to the Britannia Club Ala Carte Menu?

Edited by MarkBearSF

Mark - this was the BC a la carte menu from our WB crossing October 2018.

The items generally available in Britannia plus quite a few other options.

No complaint with the daily offerings but I found myself frequently mixing and matching some items from each.

21D74EC9-F803-4D25-8616-0654C9872AD9.jpeg

050E27FE-FB9A-438D-93C1-06745CC629A7.jpeg

• Like 1

I think the steak was a sirloin.

It always used to be a big production if you ordered the sirloin with the waiter having to get it signed off by the assistant maitre ‘d. But I noticed last time on the QM2 on November 2019 it was never a problem to order the sirloin.

Slightly off topic but does anybody know why chateaubriand is available from the a la carte menu in Princess Grill on the QM2 but not on QE or QV?

15 minutes ago, pkpon said:

I think the steak was a sirloin.

It always used to be a big production if you ordered the sirloin with the waiter having to get it signed off by the assistant maitre ‘d. But I noticed last time on the QM2 on November 2019 it was never a problem to order the sirloin.

Slightly off topic but does anybody know why chateaubriand is available from the a la carte menu in Princess Grill on the QM2 but not on QE or QV?

The menus in  both QG and PG on QM2 are better than on QV/QE and it is also dearer on QM2 than QV/QE.

4 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

I recall this from our December 2019- January 2020 Caribbean sailing on QM2, and in fact a few times did order an “Always Available” option.

Some how in the past before we now dined in the Club Britannia we ate in Britannia we were always satisfied with the items on the menu given.  Never thought to ask for Always Available or look at it.