Deluxe Beverage Package and VOOM ~ Questions

Hello

My husband and I are thinking about purchasing the DBP and VOOM on our future cruise on Harmony.  This will be the first time we would be using this package.

• Currently RCI is offering this at $77.00 with the discount.  Is this a good deal or will there be a better sale?   
  • Is there a better price for D+ members once onboard the ship?
  • Where would we get the premium coffees/teas since Starbucks does not participate?
  • Since we will only being using one device, can one of us get the DBP without VOOM?

Thanks so much for your help!🙂

1 minute ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

• Currently RCI is offering this at $77.00 with the discount.  Is this a good deal or will there be a better sale?   A good deal is less than $70.
  • Is there a better price for D+ members once onboard the ship? Unliely, the D+ discount on board is off a much higher rate.
  • Where would we get the premium coffees/teas since Starbucks does not participate? Any place that serves them.
  • Since we will only being using one device, can one of us get the DBP without VOOM? yes, but you must call.!🙂

See above. 

5 minutes ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

Hello

My husband and I are thinking about purchasing the DBP and VOOM on our future cruise on Harmony.  This will be the first time we would be using this package.

• Currently RCI is offering this at $77.00 with the discount.  Is this a good deal or will there be a better sale?   
  • Is there a better price for D+ members once onboard the ship?
  • Where would we get the premium coffees/teas since Starbucks does not participate?
  • Since we will only being using one device, can one of us get the DBP without VOOM?

Thanks so much for your help!🙂

• No this isn't a good price. You can purchase now if you want and cancel and reorder later but almost assuredly the price will come down.  Why give them the extra money now.
  • There is a discount for D+ but most people have reported that the price is better buying through the cruise planner when they have a good sale.
  • You can get specialty coffee's at Cafe Promenade
  • Yes you can get just one with Voom but you will need to call to order it.  It can't be done through the cruise planner.

Hi everyone and thanks so much for your responses.

We will have a lot of OBC to use due to trading in points and figure try the DBP.  Yes, we do get perks/discounts being D+ but having that option of having more flexibility/choices for beverages really helps out. 

Internet is a must for us since I need to stay in contact with family at home caring for my mother.  I'm her caregiver and I need that peace of mind knowing that she's OK.  

If you have any pros/cons to the DBP package, please let me know.  

Have a great day!

7 hours ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

If you have any pros/cons to the DBP package, please let me know.  

The break even point is usually around 5 alcoholic drinks per day - if you know you will drink more than that, get the package.

On 3/24/2021 at 1:12 AM, Biker19 said:

The break even point is usually around 5 alcoholic drinks per day - if you know you will drink more than that, get the package.

Thanks so much for your response.  We can have five drinks a day not including all the teas, coffees, water, soda, etc.  It should work for both of us.  🙂