Margaritaville Grand Turk

Moosevilleco

Hi - does anyone know the status of Margaritaville?  I know they only open when the ships are in port and of course that hasn't happened for quite awhile.  We are hoping our ship sails Jan 1, 2022 (Carnival Freedom).  In the past, we always booked a poolside cabana, but they are not showing as an option in the Carnival excursions.  I am hoping if the ships start sailing this option will show up.  Just curious if anyone has any additional information?

• Like 1

Not sure on Margaritaville but I have been watching excursions for a poolside cabana at Amber Cove for 2022. They have a bunch of excursions listed but no the cabana's. I am not sure why the are to showing the cabana's at either port. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moosevilleco said:

Hi - does anyone know the status of Margaritaville?  I know they only open when the ships are in port and of course that hasn't happened for quite awhile.  We are hoping our ship sails Jan 1, 2022 (Carnival Freedom).  In the past, we always booked a poolside cabana, but they are not showing as an option in the Carnival excursions.  I am hoping if the ships start sailing this option will show up.  Just curious if anyone has any additional information?

I have found with cabana rentals, I don't see them listed in the excursions but if I google them say by saying Cabana, *the port* and carnival, I find a link that is carnival cruises and then book into that way.  I don't remember which port on last cruise had Cabanas but they never showed in the excursions and I booked that way.  I also found one for my cruise next Feb, which I haven't booked yet, but found it that way and then put in my cart as a saved item.

• Like 2

I am sailing on Freedom in January 2022.  There are Amber Cove cabanas already listed under my excursions, but nothing listed yet for GT cabanas at Margaritaville. 

Poolside Cabana

(48)
Popular Limited Availability

$324.99 / Cabana
Amber Cove, Dominican Republic
Easy Activity Level
profile_16x16px_gray.svgMinimum age 14 years
Snack Only
6.0 hours

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CruiseJB said:

I have found with cabana rentals, I don't see them listed in the excursions but if I google them say by saying Cabana, *the port* and carnival, I find a link that is carnival cruises and then book into that way.  I don't remember which port on last cruise had Cabanas but they never showed in the excursions and I booked that way.  I also found one for my cruise next Feb, which I haven't booked yet, but found it that way and then put in my cart as a saved item.

Thanks! I will try that!

If a ship is allowed into GT, Margaritaville will be open.  It is part of the port complex.  Whether or not excursions to other parts of the island, by cruise  or DIY will be allowed would depend on the island government.  This would probably include the short walk to Jack's. However, all airports are open for those testing negative so travel around the island is probably permitted.

As far as reversing a cabana by the pool, best to wait to see when ships are allowed.  Then reserve for your cruise.  You'll most likely not get a response or be able to reserve in advance at this time.

On 3/23/2021 at 12:49 PM, Moosevilleco said:

Hi - does anyone know the status of Margaritaville?

You can phone them directly @:

1-649-946-1880

You can email them directly @:

info@margaritavillecaribbean.com

🙂

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 1